23 Feb 2016

Shadowbox for Fabscraps - Days Gone By

Hi!
 
I can honestly say that never before have I been so inspired by a SINGLE range of papers!  The Fabscraps C84 Vintage range is absolutely sublime!  I have a host of ideas still left for the kit that I received a few weeks back.  There is NO stopping me!!!!!
 
Today I'm going to share the shadowbox I've been working on.  This will be the last OTP type project for this range (just don't quote me on that, okay?); the rest will be more scrapbook and card making based.
 
I "inherited" my late grandfathers' ancient tin of old photographs and decided to select my favourites for this piece.  Most of the pics are of my grandmother; the one in the bottom left is of my late grandfather. 
 
See, this is what I love so much about this art form; pics that were stashed away in a rusty old tin for decades, are now displayed for all to see!  In this digital era of ours where images are mainly stored on a PC or on some form of social media, I'm so proud to be able to not only showcase these gorgeous images IN FULL SIGHT; but also document all memories that I  personally make with my daughter in the form of story books (also, more poignantly, I get to redo and relive all those moments spent with my late husband; and seeing as how my daughter was SO young when he so suddenly passed away, I get to create a multitude of albums and LO's for her to reminisce on one day!). 
 
One day, I look forward to sitting down with her and poring over pictures, reliving our memories.
 
ANYWAY.  Enough waffling!!  On to my shadowbox!!!
 

And here are some close up shots of this.  I've had this shadow box for YEARS and I'm really so glad that I saved it "for a rainy day"!!  I'm very, very proud to share this with you!!!

















1 comment:

  1. Wow i think no i know this has to be one of your best work so far. I received good news today and it will give me more time with my boys and to scrap. What more is that I am going to start with your scrapping to get my scrapping mojo up and running. ...so watch this space where I will show you what i have learnt from you. This piece is beautiful and hope Bluebird will understand more on her great grandies through your art.

    ReplyDelete