11 Oct 2015

So Happy With You

Hello fellow artists!
 
Today I'm sharing my take on Color Stories Inspiration Case Number 179.
 
 
Off the bat, I just fell in love with this scheme.  It's almost edible!
 
Here is what I did with this case:
 

 
Scheme : all there
Evidence : Stripes, flowers, stitching
Testimony : write a letter to the subject of your photo
 
Dear Wolfie,
We have known each other for just about 20 years and I've always thought you were so gorgeous.  Even Travers used to roll his eyes at me when I told him how gorgeous you are.  I've been fascinated with your life - primarily because you have chosen to live a life that is not dictated by society.
I did not seek out to start any form of relationship (loosely termed) in early May.  I did not make up my mind that I wanted to start something with you.  But it did.  And it took me by surprise.
What surprised me more was that I still have the capacity to love again.  Not like before, because echoes of fear run riot in my head and my heart.
But love you, I do.  I'm enjoying this time with you so much.  It has changed me once again as a person. 
It's only been 5 months, but you have already changed so much in me.  You have made me see things differently.  You have made me start to realise that really, so what, where all the small things are concerned.  You are starting to make me accept myself more every day.  I hear your voice inside my head often; wise words that we share in the dark of night.
I've come to realise that the arrangement we have now in terms of our "relationship" is nothing short of perfect.  I don't want more.  And I ask myself if I will get to a stage where I will ask the question "where is this going".  And I already know the answer to that - why worry about where it's going, when where it is, is absolutely fine.  Why "fix" something that isn't broken?
I look forward to the 55 years we have agreed to do with our arrangement; I really do.  I know that I'm going to learn so much more from you.  I know that we're going to have loads of fun, share laughter and maybe, just maybe, be there for each other during the rough patches too.
You're an amazing human being and I admire you more than I can find words for.  Thank you for the past few months and thank you in advance for what's still to come.
XOXOX
 
Here are some close up shots of my piece.







2 comments:

  1. It's really so good to read these Happy words from you...Thank you to your Wolfman for lighting a little light in you again...Great design and oh my word on all the gorgeous stitching...

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! Love this layout and so happy to read that you are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete