5 Jun 2015

Barbie Time

Hello!!
 
I do hope you're all doing well!  It's pretty icy cold here now in South Africa!  Trees are bare and it's been raining quite a bit.  I've built a fire every day and it's GLORIOUS! I love love love the cold!!!
 
Today I'm sharing my take on the latest CSI Challenge which includes another glorious sketch by the beautiful Em Stafrace. Just look at how gorgeous it is - why don't you play along with us!
 
 
 
Here is what I did with the case.
 
 
Scheme : all there
Evidence : stripes, pen work, flowers, pockets
Testimony : Topic: favourite childhood activity
My journaling is on the front and more on the back:
Who says boys can't play Barbies?! Either that - or you had your daddy wound so tightly around your finger, he simply could never refuse you.
As a little girl, I was either playing baby dolls or Barbie's.  As an adult, I still have a ridiculous obsession with Barbie's. So much so that I have ended up buying so many for you that your current collection stands at somewhere over 30.  And let's not even mention my latest obsession - Monster High (of which you have about 28).....
These pics of you and daddy were taken on a hot summers' day.  Daddy had made a fire and was busy braai'ing when you asked him to play with you - you needed him to be Ken.  I dearly wish I could remember what story you were playing, but I do recall that Ken was the prince and I made some tongue-in-cheek comment about how lucky Ken was to have so many girls in his life!
Daddy, as always, was a real trouper when it came to catering to his little girls' every whim.  And what a delight it was for me to see - how could I NOT capture it!?
 
Here are some close up shots.


 
The stitching just brought it all together.



 
Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Amazing Lis, I featured your gorgeous page over at The Nifty Pixel xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout. What sweet photos, and they are highlighted so perfectly with all the embellishments. Love the little chipboard hearts... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete