11 Apr 2015

Together

I'd like to share a piece I made on Friday, which I'm entering into the latest Scrap Affairs magazine; the theme is "Girl Talk".
 
 
It was such a relief to scrap something not related to my grief. Creating memory pieces about Travers for Isabella - although therapeutic - has been incredibly hard.
 
Entries for this competition closes on 15 April - so there is still time to enter, if you have Issue 40 of the mag handy!
 
Here are some close-ups.

 
The butterfly is a chippie which I misted with caramel and Albany and then I brushed it with some silver paint.  I also brushed the flowers with Gesso and then with silver paint.  In fact, I brushed over the whole piece, here and there, with silver paint.

 
I recently saw someone stitch long strips on their LO and I love the effect, so gave it a bash on this piece and I think it brought it all together quite nicely.
 
All the papers (except the cardstock) are from Maja Design.

 
The bird cage has been misted with Albany and brushed with silver paint.

 
Lace brushed with silver.

 
Title haphazardly inked in pink and then also misted haphazardly with caramel, then randomly brushed with silver paint.

 
This area is very 3D - the picture doesn't quite capture it!!!

 
This is the first time I've used the long wispy flowers and I just love them; they have wire so you can bend and twist them - I LOVE them.


 
Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. Love the long stitches...certainly something different and quite interesting and effective! Your title looks haphazardly good... :-) Love your description...lol! And jip, those wispy flowers are gorgeous, ideal to fill in a flower arrangement! Good luck with the competition...of course in my eyes, this is a sure winner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love Maja Design. I don't think you can go wrong with it ever. So glad you are putting yourself out there with your scrapping I think you will go far. :D Good luck.
    Such a beautiful layout not only because of the papers. But gorgeous design too and I love that 3D cluster it looks amazing. Gorgeous treatment on the chipboards too and a stunning photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous. Thanks for all the close up shots.

    ReplyDelete