24 Apr 2015

Signs

Hello everyone!
 
Today I am sharing my final piece as Special Investigator over at CSI.  HOWEVER, I'm so very excited, humbled, elated to add that I have been selected to be on their design term for their next term running.  This is huge for me as it really is a dream come true!
 
 
Here is case 162 and I simply love the colours - CSI really does draw me out of my comfort zone when it comes to colour choices, etc and that is why I love it so much!!
 
 
And here is my take on the case:
 
 
Scheme : all there
Evidence : circles, solid background, ink, die cut
Testimony : I have used the IW 'unexpected'.  Journalling on the back
 
Since you left, signs from you have been rife.  In the beginning, my grief blocked signs directly from you, so you sent them in other ways.
One morning, Isabella was playing around with her little umbrella and it was a low day for me too.
Later that same day, I received THIS photograph from Nicola (who bakes and sells the most gorgeous cookies), saying that she was busy decorating cookies that morning, thought of Isabella and I and wanted to share the two that she had made with us in mind.
It blew me away that one of them had an umbrella in - and the other showed a girl with her heart outside of her.
Could this message, this ACKNOWLEDGEMENT from you have been any clearer???
 
Here are some close up shots:
 

 
I have a stack of die cuts that I fall in love with and just never use.  I'm such a chop - I have a MOUNTAIN of things that just sit.  I also get a little impatient when it comes to removing the paper from the diecut (tips welcome!!).


 
The title is chippies that I have.  I sprayed yellow and gold mist over it and then used my pen to make it look like stitching around the edges to make it stand out.
 
The background paper is embossed, and I lightly sanded it in places to make the circles pop.  I also used a circle stencil and black ink on parts of the background.


 
I put a coating of Glossy Accents on the title.





Thanks for stopping by, commenting and offering up some tips on how to get paper out of die cuts!!! :-)


2 comments:

  1. This is so lovely Lisa-Marie! And the meaning behind it pulls my heart strings. Enjoy your CSI journey! Cheers, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page, great story and congrats on the DT spot!! Much deserved!!!!

    ReplyDelete