13 Mar 2015

Who Am I

Hi all,
 
For the month of March, I am a Special Investigator over at CSI Color Stories Inspiration.  Here is the latest challenge - the colours are delicious!
 
 
And here is my take on it:
 
 
Scheme : all there
Evidence : stripes, branch, stitching, misting
Testimony : I popped onto Rainbow Elephant and grabbed "Look Within"
 
My journaling is on the back.
If ever there came a time where I really needed to do some soul searching, that time is now. 
For nineteen years plus, I grew into the role of partner to Travers. 
Along the way, certainly, my personality changed as we faced and conquered our own set of challenges thrown in the path of our life together as a couple.
These challenges changed me as a person and taught me things about myself which I never knew; gave me strength which I never knew I possessed.
Now I find myself on a brand new quest to look within and find out who I am now, who I will become and how I will go about making changes to find a space where I can be a brand new me.
I kept this piece simple because of the intensity of the journaling I intended for it.
Each circle represents how I feel at any given time.  A question mark because sometimes I just don't know where to go, what to do, what to say. The clock, because I know it's going to take time.  The dandelion puff for wishes to come true.  The birds because sometimes I feel as if I am floating.  The string around the flower - I am the fragile flower, the strength of the string is something keeping me together - be it Isabella or the spirit of my departed husband.  The pointing hand because I don't know in which direction I'm going or where I still need to go.
I intentionally selected a blurred photograph of me - smiling on the outside, screaming, crying and confused on the inside.  This is how I present myself to the world.
 
Here are some close-ups.

 
I misted the striped piece of paper with some olive mist and stitched a border around it.


 
I used my embossing tool around the edges of the circles to lift them.  The 3 staples represent Isabella, Travers' spirit and Me.


 
Thanks for stopping by.


2 comments:

  1. It is amazing how you usec all these different elements to define who you are right now. The symbolism is profound. Thank you for sharing your journey in such a tangible way. Love you my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the layout and the journalling compliment one another... It will take time to find out who you are now and that is ok. No-one expects you to know now. Take it easy <3

    ReplyDelete