27 Mar 2015

His Caring Soul

Hey
 
Today I'm sharing my take on CSI Color Stories International Case 159, where I am privileged to be a Guest Designer for the month of March.
 
 
 
 
  
Isn't it just simply sublime?
 
Here is my take on it:
 
 
Scheme : all there
Evidence : some doodling, rub-ons, stamps, scallops
Testimony : I used the IW's
 
It wasn't long after you left that I decided I was ready to consult with a Medium in order to connect with your spirit on the other side.  I was extremely anxious before my session, but it turned into something so beautiful.
In real life, your soul was amazing.  Everyone said that you were "larger than life".  That was literal and figurative.  You loved with such passion - in everything you applied yourself to - be it work, golf, poker, family, friends.
The best affirmation I received over and over at my session was each time Mel (my Medium) said "Gosh, this man REALLY loves you".  And each time I've had a session since; she says the same thing.  That you show me love, now still - a love that I could never have imagined receiving - is indescribable.  That you are still watching over your two girls with pride, care and love is more than any mother and daughter could wish for.
Your soul must be the brightest shining one in the afterlife, right now, my love.
Your soul is a shining example to so many of us, still here in the living world.
Your soul completes me and I still feel that connection to you, even though you have moved to another dimension.
I love you so much.
 
Here are some close ups:
 
 
The teal coloured paper is from a pad of textured paper I have; I simply sanded around the edges to enhance the embossed frame shape.

 
The plum coloured paper is from the same batch as the teal, also sanded, but obviously with a different embossing pattern.  You can also see in this image where the darker teal rub-on was applied.  I did them in a few spots all over the page, very haphazardly and very roughly.


 
I rubbed Tim Holtz ink through a stencil on the background and I also stamped randomly with black ink.   And yes, there is stitching too!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful page...your creativity is flowing and I can feel how you are healing in the process xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful page and I love the stitching. Great apportionment of the colours too, makes for a striking masculine layout with your man at the center. I can relate to your words. I have done that myself too <3

    ReplyDelete