1 Mar 2015

DT Let's Scrap Sketch 3-1-15 | I *heart* us

Hiya!


It's the official DT reveal for Let's Scrap and I REALLY am so privileged and humbled to be on this Design Team with SUCH gorgeous and inspiring (and really funny) ladies!

Here is the latest beautiful sketch over at Let's Scrap:


And here is how I used the sketch.


My journaling for this piece is on the little white sheet on the top left:

This is, essentially, our first family photoshoot.  We went off to Langebaan with Uppie and Ummie and en route home, we stopped off to have breakfast at Geelbek.  These pictures are so special to me - especially now, because it shows how completely hands on your daddy was from the very beginning.  These pictures radiate the happiness that daddy and I finally got to experience being parents - YOUR parents.  We always felt so blessed that we were chosen to be your mommy and daddy; every single day we were so thankful.

Here are some close up shots.


I felt that the glitter title I used didn't stick out enough, so I 'scratched' over it with black pen.  I did alot of fussy cutting for this piece, as you can see - and yes, stitching.  It's safe to say that stitching is slowly becoming a trademark of mine - I simply cannot resist it!


This lovely phrase was actually from that little strip that we usually cut off our papers and chuck in the bin - I always look first in case there is a little something hidden there that I can use!

I did some stitching on the fussy cut flowers too.  The zig-zag stitching along the bottom took me AGES to do, but I do love the effect.


Love of my life ... I miss him so.


Sadness ... more stitching on the fussy cut flowers.   And just look how tiny Isabella was - about 2 months old.  Treasured child.

I also "lifted" the edges of the flowers to give it all a little more dimension.


I added the resin flowers, again for some more dimension.


Thanks so much for coming to take a look at my work.  And also for your comments - I love receiving them!

Cheerio.







15 comments:

  1. Your pages are just darling!! I shows the love between the three of you so much! You are preserving that love for your precious daughter to see in the years ahead!! Glad to be on the DT with you and looking forward to more of your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pages are just darling!! I shows the love between the three of you so much! You are preserving that love for your precious daughter to see in the years ahead!! Glad to be on the DT with you and looking forward to more of your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout! I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your 2pager is so beautiful. Love the fussy cutting and your gorgeous stitching. I find stitching on my pages very therapeutic xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout and wonderful family photoshoot. I'm sure all of these pictures of the 3 of you together are a true blessing to you now. I'm looking forward to being on the DT with you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work has always been such an inspiration! Beautiful memories on the pages that you had created!
    Lovely xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout Lisa-Marie, Love the glittery title and the stitching. The photos are so beautiful. Love this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible layout here Lisa-Marie... the pics are just too sweet and the 'heart' you put into it is just incredible. So glad you are part of our DT girlie!!

    Hugs,
    Cathy
    Let's Scrap Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the photos...LOVE your story...LOVE the paper and embellishments and LOVE that you cock-eyed a few of the pictures! So happy to be a part of the Let's Scrap Team with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh I love this layout and look at with tears in my eyes. Love the story and the pics on the layout. Stunning. I look forward to work alongside you on the D T!!!! Lovies

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning layout Lisa-Marie! Your attention to detail is meticulous and this is a true example of a work of heART! I'm so glad you are spending another term with us at Let's Scrap...Iooking forward to sharing this journey with you too {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful and touching, I wish I had taken a few more photos while my partner was alive also but he was usually behind the lens..... Your daughter is going to appreciate this so much as she grows up. Looking forward to working with you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you matted everything and I love the stitching! This is why we scrapbook - 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many beautiful elements to look at and they are all so amazing together. Love the stitching and that you used the words on the edge of the paper that we usually throw away. So much love in your pictures and layouts. Looking forward to creating with you on the Let's Scrap Design Team.

    ReplyDelete