15 Mar 2015

A Walk in the Park

Hey,
 
Today I'm sharing my take on the latest sketch over where I am (still proudly!) on the DT for Let's Scrap:
 
 
 
My double page LO:
 
 
I realise that there are loads of "titles", but the main title is A Walk In Park.  I've tucked my journaling into a the 'booklet' I created on the far left "life a full life":
 
We were due to visit some friends who stayed right next to a lovely green belt below Kirstenbosch (the very same greenbelt where we had your first birthday photoshoot!).  We were quite a few minutes early, so we decided to potter around the forest area with you.   You'd been walking for just a few months, so the concept was new and exciting for you!  The minute you were placed on the ground, you started to toddle off.  Daddy ran after you most of the way, because he didn't want you to trip and fall over the uneven ground and exposed roots.
Being a little bit of a perfectionist and not wanting liking to be dirty, daddy had to constantly pick you up and brush you off.
At the end of the path, you were tired, so your dad carried you back, pointing out all the leaves, acorns, branches, etc.
I will always cherish these moments you had with them.  Each one is so incredibly special in its own way.



 
I wanted my papers to have a natural look about them, to match the pictures, but also being cautious that the papers didn't "swallow" the photo's.
 
I fussy cut the leaves in places so that I could tuck the photographs underneath them.  I also did a lot of stitching (surprise, surprise!).

 
Although the background papers look misted, they are not.  I love this pic of them....


 
You can see in the far right pic that daddy was getting a little 'impatient', because although you were dusted off, you were still not happy about having anything stuck to you!

 
My two loves.  :-(
 
Thanks for stopping by.


9 comments:

  1. A stunning spread Lisa. Such beautiful memories now recorded for posterity. I love the colours you used. The fussy cutting and stitching really makes this page perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this layout and the earthy colours. Such a special memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet layout and beautiful pics!! Your daughter will cherish these layouts as she gets older!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME stitching! and all the fussy leaf cutting too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous! And a beautiful memoir for Missy to treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pages are so full of love and emotion. I love that you have so many amazing pictures of your husband and daughter. She is so lucky to have so much love from both of you and that you are such an amazing scrapbooker to document her journey. You always move me with your layouts and the stories behind them. As for the layout I love your stitching and fussy cutting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful page, love it all around on it ! Best wishes for you, take care !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful page, love it all around on it ! Best wishes for you, take care !

    ReplyDelete