25 Sep 2014

It Must Be Puppy Love

Hello,
 
I am battling to find the time to get SO many projects and challenges done lately. This is NOT how I envisaged my "retirement"!  My new years resolution for 2015 will be to NOT bite off more than I can chew!!!!
 
Anyway, so when I saw the latest challenge at CSI, I simply HAD to take part.  It is wonderful and is certainly up there amongst my all time favourites.
 
 
 
Isn't it divine???  Just every aspect??
 
I struggled to find a journalling prompt that I was happy with, and that wouldn't be too repetitive of what I've already journaled about - so I took the "journal about an adventure" prompt, not taking it so literally!
 
Here's my take:
 
 
Scheme : Check
Evidence : woodgrain, hearts, branches, wet medium
Testimony : I journaled about an adventure - namely NEW PUPPIES!!  It's typed up and glued to the back of this LO
 
My Blue - your mommy has been hankering for a new bit of 'baby-ness' for the past 4 or 5 months.  I don't want an ACTUAL baby (and nor do you, apparently!) - so we have settled on puppies instead.  We had our work cut out for us trying to convince Daddy Bear!
Mommy decided that we would adopt little pups through some or other form of animal rescue organisation, so I spent weeks scouring Facebook.  There were plenty of pups that made me melt, but then up popped these two little white pups and I was done.  The names given to them were Belle and  Sophia - two princess names!  A Sign surely!!
They came to us on Thursday 28 August and you were in love within seconds.  I was nervous because I did not know how Picasso would react - but my goodness, how he has surprised mom!  He has been so lovely - and I think that he's really happy to have some younger blood to play with (and some younger girls too - if you catch my drift!!)
We have affectionately called these two muppets our little polar bears, because really, that is just what they look like.
They've already been up to all sorts of mischief!  Within 1 hour of their arrival, Sophia decided that my cell phone charger needed to be nibbled on and so chewed straight through the wire - goodness knows HOW she didn't get shocked!
They love your shoes and it is hysterically funny and utterly endearing to see them running around with your shoe in their tiny mouth!  And you take great joy in laughing at mommy when I try to catch them!
Oh, I had forgotten what an absolute DELIGHT it is to have puppies around!  It's going to be one heck of a journey and a heck of a lot of work - let the Puppy Adventure begin!!!
 
And here are some close-up shots:
 
 
 
Yes well, the title was a bit of a stuff up initially, but in the end it turned out fine.  I had put on a layer of crackle glaze, but lacked the patience to let it dry.  Needless to say, my heat gun bubbled it up.  It looked horrendous so in an effort to save it, I sprayed some Lindy's chocolate mist and actually, I quite love how it ended up!

 
This is such a sweet photo - Picasso has amazed me on this new journey.  He is such a lovely boy!
The doilies were treated with Lindy's chocolate mist too.  I also spattered some of it on the background, along with a red mist.  You can't see it too well in my pictures, but I have applied a thin layer of texture paste (white) to the 2 clustered areas of my LO, just to 'soften' the busy-ness of the paper.

 
I did some stamping on the background, over the texture paste.  Also, I used a Martha Stewart punch to create some branches and also to just break the rigidity of the border / backing.


 
Another close up shot of the title.
 
I am SO disappointed as of late with the quality of my photographs!  I just can't seem to get it right!!!!  I have a damn good camera and a jolly good lens - grrrr.......
 
Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous page! Love the color combo and that Love is so cool!!

    ReplyDelete