30 Sep 2014

Find JOY in the simple things

Hello from a very, very chilly Cape Town!
 
SHEESH it's icy today!  Not complaining - LOVE this weather!!
 
Today I'm sharing my take on Sketch 9-24-14 over at Let's Scrap.  I must say that not only did  I REALLY enjoyed working with this sketch, but I'm enjoying making double page LO's again!!  I haven't made them in ages (discounting the ones that I make on the scrapping weekends I attend).
 
Here's the sketch:
 
And this is what I worked on
 
 
I spent a day or two going through my ridiculous mounds of photo's until I decided on a sequence of shots that I really loved.  These were a no-brainer!  All my journaling is addressed to Isabella, as she really will be the one inheriting all my albums and LO's!  We always try to create memories for her and I'm hoping this will be one that she will remember.
 
I have put my journaling under the middle larger sized picture of her - see below.  It talks about our day out to the Castle in Cape Town.  We took a horse drawn carriage ride from there to the gardens, where we spent a bit of time feeding the birds.  She was both enthralled and wary of the CRAZY amount of pigeons about; she decided that chasing them about was way more fun than feeding them!
 
(An aside, I don't condone cruelty to animals and I assure you that no animals were harmed during this little escapade of hers!)
 
Here are some additional close up shots of my LO.



The title is a chippie which has very simply been chalked with chocolate brown and then embossed lightly.
 

 
I love Hessian!  Here I cut a rectangular piece and then pulled out various strips throughout to create a looser, rugged effect.  I love how it looks!


 
Here is just a close up of where my journaling has been hidden.
 
Thanks so much for coming to see my work!
 

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful take on this weeks sketch ! Love your papers and all the details. Thank's for playing along with us at Let's Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well look at you pulling out all the stops and producing a double pager. So different from the style I have gotten used to and I love this. Such beautiful photos and I love the papers and I love those feathers. Even better that you played along with us at Lets's Scrap. I love this layout. I can't believe how quickly your little bluebird is growing. xx Hope you come and play again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful layers there! Great combination of patterned papers and love that little booklet added!
    Thanks for playing at Let's Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab layout!! Love the feathers you made!!
    Thanks for playing along at Let's Scrap!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantabulous spread! I love, love, love those feathers! Your hidden journaling is spectacular too. And those photos are just pure delight in action. Happy to have you playing along with us at Let's Scrap. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful layout!! I love the hidden journaling!!! The textures and hand made feathers add the perfect touch! Thanks for joining us at Let's Scrap!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is this? I love the way you matched the color of the paper to her dress. The feathers are the perfect touch! Thank you so much for playing along with the Let's Scrap Design Team!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooo cute....and the photo's adorable! Love the feathers....a super addition!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning 2pager. Beautiful sequence of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats for winning at Lets Scrap with this stunning layout!

    ReplyDelete