29 Aug 2014

Your Innocence

Hi there!
 
Really - it is just wonderful to be back in the scrapping saddle again!  I have MISSED my 'therapy' so very much!!!
 
This weeks' challenge at CSI is, as ever, absolutely beautiful.  The colours really spoke to me and I couldn't WAIT to get started!
 
 
 
I don't know about you, but when it comes to my challenges, I *need* to force myself to think for a few days, before I dive right in.  I always want to make a special page, that Isabella will be able to look at one day, so I need time to think about both the design element and the journaling.
 
So here is what I rustled up this morning:
 
 
Scheme : Check
Evidence : floral pattern, pleating, curl something, butterflies, wet medium
Testimony: Inspo word - drift (typed and pasted on the back)
 
On our way home from (yet another!) weekend in Langebaan, we came across a beautiful, HUGE field of wild white daisies.  I insisted that we stop, because all I really wanted to do was walk through them, holding your little hand.
 
As soon as we entered the little field, you asked if you could pick one.  Sure, I said.  No problem.  You were very good in only having picked one!
 
I took a few steps back to take some photographs of you with your single white daisy - but then I heard you were muttering something under your breath, so I went in a little closer, and what I heard you saying was "He loves me, he loves me not". 
 
As I watched each petal drift down, my eyes and my nose stung just a little from tears.  He had better love you.  He had better not hurt you.  At the same time, it was utterly sweet how you were reciting something that you still knew nothing about.
 
Fortunately - your petal picking ended with a loud "HE LOVES ME!!"
 
Here are some additional, close up photo's.

 
The blue paper is a strip of tissue paper which I pleated very 'rustically' and adhered to the side of the photograph.  The butterfly is fussy cut, from G45's Botanical range.

 
I used a stencil + texture paste + pink acrylic paste for the background 'doily' effect.  I wasn't entirely satisfied with the intensity and uniformity of it, so I also striped some white acrylic through the stencil and once it was dry, I misted over it all with white.

 
I just love this picture of my Bluebird...

 
A close-up of the background 'doily'.

 
Fussy cut butterfly - I curled the wings to give it more of a 3D effect.
 
Have a lovely, lovely day!
 
XOXOX


2 comments:

  1. LOL! I wonder where she learned that. The photo is precious and your details are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes.... but before you know it she will know all about it and that is a whole other set of issues to deal with... Right now all you have to see is the wonder in how it all works. This is a beautiful CAS style layout and I love it.

    ReplyDelete