26 Aug 2014

Timeless Moments to Remember

Hi!
 
So so so so so so so very pleased to be back.  Sheesh.... This unplanned / unwanted scrapping sabbatical has been pretty poo.  I've MISSED it so very much!!
 
A few weeks ago I (re)joined the Let's Scrap site and have decided that I want to add their challenges to the small handful that I take part in.  I used to scrap ONLY double page LO's, but in the last year plus, all I've done are single page LO's. 
 
THANK YOU to everyone who extended such a warm welcome to me!!
 
So today I worked on one of their sketch challenges - namely sketch no 9-3-14.
 
 
 
 
It's a really lovely sketch - I've used it as is.  And here is what I worked on today:
 
 
These photographs of my Isabella with her "English" cousin Emma were taken while we were on our holiday in Tuscany recently. 
 
I decided to tuck my journaling behind the teal coloured column on the right; I have turned it into a flap of sorts.  This is my journaling:
This holiday was the first time you met your “English” cousins - the children of daddy’s brother.  Matthew, Michael and sweet Emma.
You and Emma got on practically instantly and you couldn’t wait to share your books, toys and movies with her.
She was gracious and kind and sweet and very patient with you. 
You brushed each others’ hair, shared hair bands, picked flowers together, chatted, played in the garden and she also showed you how to loom.  She even made a loomed bracelet especially for you.
She kindly let you borrow her necklace with the pearl inside it - which you wore with absolute pride.
You wanted to do everything that Emma did and if she did not sit next to you at our meals, you got very upset!!
It was so lovely to watch the two of you play and explore together.  Incredibly special.
 
Here are some additional close up images of my LO.
 
 
 
 
Thanks for taking a look!!!

6 comments:

  1. So glad you have you mojo and are back Lisa-Marie! I know we are going to be chatting lots at LS...just have a feeling ;) Gorgeous close ups and so much beautiful detail to your layouts, just lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're back. Stunning two pager...gorgeous colour combo and such a lovely story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank's for playing along with this weeks LS sketch. What a gorgeous layout. I love the papers you've used and all those details. Great !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout is just gorgeous!! I love all of the details you incorporated - the sequins, the tiny flowers, the pinned banner and the chipboard!! So glad you joined us at Let's Scrap!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work Lisa-Marie! Such pretty details that you have on the pages!
    Thanks for playing along Let's Scrap sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful page...love your title work and the special frame in the one photo!

    ReplyDelete