26 Aug 2014

Hello Vatican City

Hello!
 
Gosh, I've missed my scrapping and the challenges something fierce.  I've been receiving updates and emails and I have developed a serious, chronic case of FOMO!!!
 
 
The Scrap 365 challenge at CSI this month is deliciously gentle in its colours.  The theme is also befitting my latest adventure - a 2-week trip to Tuscany.  Naturally, I took full advantage!
 
 
Today I worked on TWO scrapping challenges and this is my second one for the day.
 
 
Scheme : Check
Evidence : hot-air balloon, doodling, polka dots, string
Testimony : I listed 3 things that made me happy about these shots (typed - I will turn this into a double page LO in due course, and use the journaling on the right hand side)
 
The three things that make me happy about this series of shots is:
1. I feel very privileged and blessed to have had the opportunity to tick yet another country off my bucket list.  I have had a fascination with the Vatican City for the longest time and I am so, so very happy that I have had the chance to visit it.  It was an incredibly emotional experience for me; a very, very big deal.  I wasn’t able to speak on the taxi ride to the City, as I was so very emotional.
2.  To be able to share this unique, intense moment with the man who I love the most, makes me happiest beyond words.  I have no words to describe how it was to have been able to share my feelings and be at my most raw and have the love of my life at my side.
3.  Each time I look at these images, I will be happy, as it will take me back to the very vivid memories, feelings and emotions I had when I was lucky enough to travel to Italy to visit the Vatican City.
I am a very, very lucky girl; something which I remind myself of regularly. So easily, do we take advantage of the opportunities that come our way; be they everyday or unique or mind-blowing or those dreams-come-true opportunities.
 
Here are some additional close up shots.
 



thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Yeah it looks like you had an amazing time. I love this layout and that balloon is just awesome. Can't wait to see more travel layouts. You rocked this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you enjoyed your trip...would love to know why the Vatican City had you so emotional. Your page is beautiful...stunning hot air balloon.

    ReplyDelete