7 Apr 2014

The Magic of Oz

Hi!
 
Here is my second case over at CSI as a Special Deputy.
 
 
Here is my take:
 
 
Scheme : Check
Evidence : Flowers, butterfly
Testimony : I used two words from the Random Word Generator - three, party
 
My journaling on the back reads:
Little did you know that your third birthday party was planned long, long, LONG before you even turned three.  In fact, items for the party were purchased before your SECOND birthday party.  That is how crazily pedantic I am. 
I had, had, HAD to get a Wizard of Oz theme going, and was fortunate enough that Graphic 45 had a stunning paper range that would fit in perfectly with what I had in mind.  Trouble is, it was an old range and I had quite a task ahead of me trying to find the paper.  But, find it I did.
Each little girl received a small 8cm x 10cm box as in invitation.  On the front, I gesso'ed a yellow brick road and pasted each of the (fussy cut) characters from the movie "walking" on the road.  Inside the box was a heart shaped chocolate covered in red foil - the tin man's heart, of course!
On the day, I laid out some fake lawn and for the little girls to sit on, I had 3 bales of straw.  Your party packs were mini picnic baskets, filled with goodies that I had made.  Your party cake was a VERY TALL 6-tiered rainbow cake which I made just for you (with your help).  I iced it too, but a kind lady made the little Oz characters for me. 
Your little dress was sewed by Oumie and I had bought the petticoat MONTHS before.  Initially, I was worried that I'd not get appropriate shoes for you - BUT luck was on my side when I happened upon these little gems - sparkles and all!  Needless to say, they were coined your "Dorothy shoes" from that day and I have since packed them away, sentimental sap that I am.
It was a wonderful party - despite the fact that you actually had NO idea who Dorothy was!  You still don't, but I know that will change soon when I introduce you to the movie!

3 comments:

  1. Love all your background work, Lisa-Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such an awesome party...can not wait to see what you will be dishing up this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the photos of the day. Beautiful page Lisa-Marie.

    ReplyDelete