4 Mar 2014

Paradise Found

Before the latest CSI challenge was officially released - I had fallen in love with the sneak peak image.  It's delicious!  Utterly sublime!
 
 
I knew in my head almost within minutes of its release, what I wanted to do and what I wanted my LO design to be - but I had to ignore my plans, as there are 2 LO's already submitted that look similar to what I had in my head.
 
So I decided to mix this challenge with the latest one over at ScrapAfrica.  It has been AGES since I have taken part in one of theirs!!!  Here is the sketch, designed by the unbelievably beautiful Evgenia.
 
 
 
And here is what I put together today.
 
 
Scheme - all there
Evidence - wood, frames, flowers, create panels
Testimony - I journalled about our recent trip to Mauritius (on back of LO)
 
Having been to Mauritius before, mommy and daddy just knew that it would be THE most perfect (close) holiday for you.  And we were definitely not wrong!
Our days consisted of very, very early wakings (we were always first to breakfast and first in the pool), loooooooong swims in the pool or the ocean and in the afternoon, you'd be so pooped from all the sun and the heat, that we'd end up having a lazy 'power nap' in our gloriously air conditioned rooms.
Coming evening, you'd go off to play in the "Kitties Club" (so called by you - actually called Kiddies Club), while mommy and daddy had some adult time out at the decadent restaurants.  Your baby sitter was besotted with you and would take you to the room each evening to get you settled in before mommy and daddy finished up.
You enjoyed this week long break so much, that you have asked us on numerous occasions if you can PLEASE go back. 
Soon my baby girl.  Soon.  Promise.  But first, a trip to Disney next year ....
 
Here are some close-ups:
 
 
 
 
Thanks for popping in to take a look!
 

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous!! I love the bright & bold colors. And, what beautiful photos - sure makes me wish I were at the beach! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors here! Gorgeous photos and love the frame detail! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you decided to play along with us. I loved this layout in the CSI gallery and I love it here. The colours are just perfect for a tropical beach holiday. You are on such a roll at the moment. Love it. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Africa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a nice layout. I love the little frame you have on the large photo. You nailed the challenge. Thanks for sharing and thanks for playing with at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super page Lisa-Marie...love the holiday accents and gorgeous photo's...certainly does take one away to a paradise far away!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page Lisa-Marie. Great combination of challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The frame is fantastic, love the colour combo. Great page, well done. Thank you very much for joining our challenge as Scrap Africa, Love Marta x (Maremi)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the lovely fresh colours and beautiful take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along at Scrap Africa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The perfect page for both challenges…thanks for joining us at Scrap Africa :D

    ReplyDelete