18 Mar 2014

Her Rainbow Dress

Hi!

Oh man!  I LOVE being retired and just being able to scrap E.V.E.R.Y. D.A.Y!

Here is the CSI challenge where they are joining forces with Archi-Scraps!  The first one!


More colours TOTALLY out of my comfort zone, so it took a fair amount of procrastinating on my part with how I was going to tackle it!  And here is what I came up with today:
 
 
Scheme : Check
Evidence : Stripes, paint, clouds
Testimony : IW's colour and walk
 
My journaling is in the form of a poem:
Her rainbow dress, so pretty and so bright
Her rainbow dress pops with colour in the light
Her rainbow dress, it flounces as she walks
Her rainbow dress, imagine if it could talk!
Her rainbow dress, a clear favourite, don'tcha know
Her rainbow dress, it really puts on quite a show
Her rainbow dress - such pure delight!
Her rainbow dress, the pair of them - WHAT a sight!
 
And here are some close-ups.  The yellow on the background is a combo of Distress paint (& masking) and gelato's.
 
 
 
 
Cheerio!

7 comments:

  1. This is sooooooo bright and soooooo fun and I just love it. I want a dress like that....Love the design and all the painty effects :D Just a beautiful happy layout and look at the poet in you coming out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout!!! Love how the dress pops in the picture!! Pinning it for inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mixed media background. You are really taking to that like a duck to water. I love this bright and happy page xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous photo and layout.Thanks for joining us Archiscraps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet photo and beautiful layout! Love the background techniques and fun page title! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really terrific work. I love what you've done with the photo and the title is fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful page Lisa-Marie! I love your poetic journaling, lovely photo & page sketch. Oh how wonderful it would be retired to scrap each day...ahhhh great you are enjoying the time.
    Thank you for playing along with us at Archiscraps in this collaboration with CSI.
    Debi - DT@Archiscraps

    ReplyDelete