13 Mar 2014

Captured Memories

Another BEAUTIFUL case this week at CSI - gosh the colours are sublime! :-)
 
 
This week I decided to also take part in the sketch challenge over at Scrapfriends:
 
 
 
And here is what I did:
 
 
Scheme : all colours were used
Evidence : Camera, Stars, Butterflies, Scallops, Envelope, Pen Work
Testimony : I used the inspo words love, memory and family; my journaling is tucked inside the envelope:
I have fond memories of family weekend-away trips as a youngster and I must admit that I love the fact that we are creating those same memories for you.  This weekend past, we went with daddy on a business trip and visited Jeffrey's Bay, Coffee Bay and Plettenberg Bay.  We were on the road a lot - travelling for a  total of four days in the car - and approximately 7 hours on each of those days.  You were a SUPERSTAR!
Mommy and daddy have been to Coffee Bay before and we knew that you'd love it - we were not wrong!  You had the best time playing on the swings and the beach - and you even made some new friends (humans AND dogs!).  The only two downers was that on Day 1 in Coffee Bay, a Blue Bottle managed to wrap itself around you ankle, giving you a NASTY sting :-(.  And on Day 3 in Coffee Bay it was really, really rainy!  We were stuck in our room for hours!!! 
I do hope that your memories of this weekend will carry through and that one day you will take your own little family to Coffee Bay to regale stories of what you did there.
 
Here are some close-ups of this REALLY textured piece (which I LOOOOVED doing!):
 
 
The title is a chippie, which I inked with charcoal and white and then covered with glossy accents.
 
 
Gelato's were mixed with colours for this background and then I applied texture paste through a mask.  The film strip is also a chippie, also inked with charcoal and white - and then I applied a few dots of UTEE to give it a 'dew drop' effect.
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks so much for coming to take a look! Have a marvellous day!

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous layers - love the envelope to house your journaling. Great layout. Thank you for joining us at ScrapFriends/Kreative koncepts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous texture and layers. Wow girl...that was quick. You have just come back from that trip. My scrapping is way behind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another case wonderfully cracked. This is just stunning and I love how you used the sketch. You nailed this one lady <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at these arrows - they are so cute! Really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love those arrow! Thanks for joining us at Kreative Koncepts!

    ReplyDelete