11 Nov 2013

You Inspire

I've said it before, but here I go again - I just love how CSI brings me slap-bang out of my comfort zone.  I always love the colour combo's, but there are times that I get a bit 'shaky' because I don't know how on Earth I'm going to pull it all together!  Here is the latest combo, including another gorgeous sketch from Em.
 
 
And this is what I pulled together this morning, after days of planning in my head. 
 
 
Scheme : All Colours
Evidence : leaves, grid design, chevron, something shiny (sequence)
Testimony : I chose one of the Cheddar X prompts - have you ever met a blogger?
Journaling (stuck on back!):
I have been a blogger since late-2009. I started blogging because I wanted put down in words, what was going on my life at that time.  I have difficulty speaking what I feel and blogging helped me with that.
At that time, I belonged to an online infertility forum where I ‘met’ several women who were in similar or worse situations in the hell that is infertility.  It was such a great sense of relief to know that I was not alone; infertility can be a very, very lonely place.
A small handful of these ladies stood out to me, but one in particular was my “favourite” – namely Sharon.  She had been through a lot … so much – and not just on the infertility front.  She was not afraid of being open.  She was always on hand with a kind word and some sound advice.
I was afraid of being open; and lurked around on the site for several months before coming out into the open.  My name on the forum was an alias and I was too embarrassed to admit to anyone who I was – or to ‘formally’ introduce myself.
I would constantly read Sharon’s blog.  Read and re-read.  Then she started on her adoption journey and was one of the fortunate few who was selected by a birth-mom mere days after their interview with the social worker.  I became so involved in their rollercoaster ride that followed.  Granted, there were times when I found it hard to read Sharon’s blog, such was my pain and longing for a child.  And she knows that – and totally ‘gets it’.
I can honestly say that were it not for Sharon’s inspiring, realistic, heart-warming story – I would not be where I am today.  I know that adoption was the path chosen for us – but it was Sharon’s story that prompted me to move in this direction and make final decisions.  Their story allayed every single one of the fears I had.  It was as if I were living their story right alongside them!
I am so happy to have met Sharon, Walter and Ava-Grace; and I’m very excited about meeting their new princess - precious Hannah Faith!  I am so fortunate to have them in my life.  Although they live in Jo’burg and I barely get to see them, they are a very special family and have a very, very special place in my heart.
Sharon runs an adoption forum online – www.trinityheart.co.za.  And she blogs at www.theblessedbarrenness.co.za, where she continues to inspire every day – not just me, but so many others in so many ways. 
I will never be able to put into words how grateful I am to Sharon for being so open and sharing their incredible life journey.  I will hold them close to my heart always.
 
Here are some closies:
 
 
The title word 'inspire' is a chippie which I embossed with dark teal (came out darker than I anticipated)
 
 
The 2 circles are cut from corrugated cardboard, covered in white acrylic and then edged with blue Gelato's and then smudged.  I also did a blue Gelato swirl on the background.
 
 
Owls are Sharon's "thing", so naturally, I just had to include one on this LO!!
 
TFL!!

1 comment:

  1. I love to see you 'in action" with your Gelatos ;-) Beautiful layout. I am so thankful that you had someone that walked alongside you in your journey and that understood what you were going through.

    ReplyDelete