18 Oct 2013

My Doll House

What a lovely, bright challenge this week over at CSI!  AAAAND a rather scrumptious sketch too from the uber talented Em!!
 
 
 
And this is what I did today:
 
 
 
 
All the colours were used
Evidence : pinwheel, ribbon, mixed media background and tags
Testimony : I used one of the 'Be Daring' prompts and chose "my favourite childhood toy"
Journaling (tucked behind the photograph):
My Oupa was incredibly creative and so good with his hands.  One year, he decided to make each of his grand children something very special.  The boys got an army barrack and a garage; and the 2 girls each got this lovely dollhouse.
Being the girly-girl that I am, I spent hours playing with mine.  It brought me such joy.  It was mobile enough for me to carry it outside and pretend that my house was in the forest or on the "beach" (next to the pool).
How awesome is it now, that I get to pass it on to my Isabella?  Already, she loves it just as much as I did and thoroughly enjoys playing with it.  Needless to say, I LOVE playing right alongside her.
I love heirlooms and I love the fact that this one has started with me.
 
Here are some close-ups of my LO.
 
 
 
I FINALLY found my water colour pencils!!!  Travers has bought them for me for my 20th birthday and for the longest time I just couldn't find them.  So, using my pencils, I shaded the chevrons to give them some more depth (they have been adhered with foam tape).
 
 
The title has also been treated with my water colour pencils, after I sanded the shiny layer off.
 
Thanks for popping in!!

1 comment:

  1. Your layout is gorgeous....I love your stories ♥

    ReplyDelete