11 Oct 2013

Her Eyes

Sheesh .. almost didn't make this one! 
 
The latest challenge at CSI is gorgeous - pastel dreaminess, right up my alley!
 
 
Here is what I did with it:
 
 
Scheme : the colours are all there
Evidence : pearls, book pages, velvet, ribbon, handmade flowers
Testimony : Journal prompt - eyes
 
My Journaling:
I have always wondered what life must look like through the eyes of a child.  Recently, I sat myself down on the grass and watched a bunch of children play; it was both incredible and humbling to watch these little people without a care in the world.  Running, laughing and playing.  Their only concern, seemingly, was that there are not enough hours in the day to play and explore!
What is life like through your eyes, my Isabella?  How do you see things?  What is currently difficult for you?  What don’t you understand?  What DO you understand?
How amazing it must be to have the ability to see absolutely everything life has to offer anew; to see things with naivety and a different kind of beauty and wonder.  Or to see pleasure in the SIMPLEST of things.
You certainly have helped mommy and daddy re-look at so many things!  We have come to re-love and re-enjoy so many things because of you.  We love to discover new things and places with you. We love to see the wonder of new findings in your big, big eyes.  Every adult should have the opportunity to be able to see life through the eyes of a child, for it must be MAGICAL!
 
Here is a close-up of the flowers I made.  I swear everything looks so much darker than it really is ....

 
I kept this page clean; I knew from the start that, that is what I wanted to do with this piece.
 
On a Saturday mornings I get up as early as I can so that I can start planning the reveal.   I usually end up spending quite a lot of time pondering about my journaling - and only then will I select a photograph which matches my thought pattern.  Occasionally, it's the other way around (where I'll have a photo in mind and try to find a way to make it fit in with my journaling).  This weeks' challenge was a toughie for me to decide between 'Eyes' and 'I've Never' ... the latter of which I just LOVE. 
 
But, in the end, my Gorgeous Crazy Goose won again.
 
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. You write so beautifully, that together with your creative art is just a recipe for stunning layouts.

    ReplyDelete