19 Aug 2013

Simple Pleasures

A complete 'about turn' in terms of colours this week at CSI!  Two of these below are slowly working their way to the top of my favourites list - coral-orange and teal/turquoise!
 
 
I had a REALLY hard time deciding what or how to journal.  So I wafted through the images on my computer and waited for a photo / concept to grab me.  This is what I worked on today.
 
 
Scheme : all the colours
Evidence : tags, vellum, numbers, string, frame, decorative border
Testimony : I went with handwriting in cursive on a tag, but I also, in a roundabout way, used one of the senses
 
My journaling reads: I firmly believe that we can re-learn a lot from our children; like the simple joys of life... Touching grass or leaves and finding the fascination within the beauty of nature.  I could watch this little girl of mine for hours, as she explores the garden, with such naïve awe and wonder!
 
Aaaand here are some closies!
 
 
That mighty big rose is resin; I found it at a beading shop and I think that it is possibly used to make rings or pendants.  The large white roses were sprayed with pearl mist in tangerine.  The smaller roses were all left as is in terms of colour, but sprayed with Ranger perfect pearls.
 
 
My journaling is hidden behind the vellum penant.  The title is a chippie which I merely inked in Mocha Java and then embossed with clear embossing powder.
 
 
Second flower cluster and the decorative border.  All flowers were treated the same.
 
 
This is a cardboard frame on which I applied a layer of gesso.  Then I sprayed with Persimmon pearl spray and also inked with orange. The edges were inked in brown.  Then I randomly applied white UTTE to give the frame some delicious texture.  The bottom left hand corner of the frame is wrapped with a piece of string.

2 comments:

  1. This layout is absolutely beautiful. I love the color combo you used and the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning combination teamed with the sepia photo.

    ReplyDelete