19 Jul 2013

Mother and Daughter

Hey,
 
I think it's safe to say that I HATE being in front of the camera!  I HATE having my picture taken!  I'd much rather be the one behind the camera than in front of it.
 
Having said that, my darling husband has on occasion, insisted on taking the camera from me to take some pics of my beloved daughter and I.
 
So when ScrapAfrica presented their latest challenge, I decided to dig through the shots I had of Isabella and I; and I came up with these.
 
I have combined the challenge that ScrapAfrica is hosting (to use a patchwork effect) with this lovely colour scheme from ScrapFriends.
 
 
These pictures of Isabella and I were taken a year ago.  Here is what I rustled up this morning.
 
 
I must say that this LO is unlike me - in that I did not make use of any flowers or additional embellishments.  I felt that the "busy-ness" of the patchwork was more than enough for this page, and adding anymore would only detract from the prettiness of the patchwork.
 
So, I just finished the edges of the pages off with some washi.
 
 
My chippie title has been treated with white UTEE - again, I did not want to cover the title completely.  I rather like this more 'messy' look.
 
 
I am happy with this page; I really am.
 
Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. No wonder you're happy with it...it's fabulous! LOOOVE the patchwork work & you're right - the page really doesn't need anything else!!! Great use of the colours in our SF palette....so glad you joined in:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simplicity of your layout :-D Thank you for playing along at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page Lisa-Marie and love your photo's! The styling is so great and love all the hexagons! Just super! Thanks so much for always supporting us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And so you should be!!! We are all so fascinated with your little Bluebird, that it's always a treat to see photos of the two of you together! You did an amazing job with the patchwork!!! Great work on this Scrap Africa challenge....thank you for once again playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout, great pictures. thank you for joining us at Scrap africa. Channa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhh I so wish you would visit my bloggy and see the story of Aleida Franklin on my side bar ... I used to be just like you and then I realized just how IMPORTANT it is to be in the photos ... it will be 5 years next month, and because of her, I have been dedicated to take a photo with my babies every month!! I am so happy you have these photos of you!! I loveeeeeeeee your lo!! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrap Africa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. really nice page - perfect for the color challenge! glad you played along with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my - this is really cute. And the pictures are so cute! !!
    I´m like you...I rather be behind the camera instead of in front of it ;)
    Thanks for playing along with us at SF.

    ReplyDelete