4 Jun 2013

You Are My Sunshine

This weeks challenge over at CSI is sublime!  I just love the colours - very bright 'n sunny in the midst of our gloomy winter (not that I'm complaining, because I'm a TOTAL winter babe!).


I decided to team it up with the current sketch challenge at ScrapAfrica.


Because that colour scheme just SCREAMS summery sunshine, I decided to go with a sunny theme; so this is what I did with the two:


By far one of my (too many) favourite shots of my Isabella!

As is obvious, I flipped the sketch once anti-clockwise.  I used the pointed section of the LO as the rays o the sun; it is not immediately obvious, but every second ray has been adhered with foam tape so as to give dimension.

CSI:

Scheme : I used all the colours
Evidence : ruffles (created with tulle), lace, flowers and metal (zip)
Testimony : I used the IW's

Here are some close-ups and additional explanations


I roughly cut circles out of tulle and then gathered each one from the centre, then stapled them onto a circular backing to create this ruffled effect behind Isabella's picture


The backing page is plain white cardstock.  To it, I 'adhered' the palest pink tulle by means of painting it down with matte craft varnish.  This produced the softest pink, which is part of the scheme for the CSI challenge.


This image shows the dimensions of both the rays and the photo of Isabella


This shows the lace, and a 'clearer' view of the tulle.

Thanks so much for looking!




9 comments:

  1. All those little extra details are FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work! And the tulle behind the photo is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for playing along at Scrap Africa.....what a gorgeous and sunny layout....and such a pretty pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!Thanks for playing along with Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super page Lisa-Marie and love the sunburst effect on the page, with your daughters photo at the centre of it! Speaks Rays!!!! ;-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty page!! so bright and lovely, thank you for joining us at Scrap africa, channa

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a striking page! Love the colours and playful take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along at Scrap Africa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. Love the tulle on the background and the ruffle behind the photo. You put an awesome twist on the sketch. Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love love this!! LOVING the yellow!! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrap Africa!!!

    ReplyDelete