10 Jun 2013

My Heirloom

The latest case over at CSI is all about weddings.  This is just blissful for me, as I am a hopelessly pathetic soppy romantic!
 
 
Pretty, isn't it?
 
Here is my take on it:

 
Scheme : all colours
Evidence : lace, chevrons, flowers, distressing, gold, banner title
Testimony : I used a prompt - What is your most treasured possession
 
And here are some close-ups and additional info.
 
 
The lace that I used is what I had left over from my wedding dress.  I wanted to incorporate it into this LO, because of the significance between my own wedding and that of my late Aunt and Gran.
 
See the journaling below as explanation.  The journaling is below the pic, and the pic is matted as a flip-booklet.
 
 
 
I made the apricot flower by cutting very rough circles out of organza and then used my heat gun to curl the corners.  It was all stitched together, with 2 layers of tulle for extra puffiness.
 
 
I've had this cameo for ages and I'm so glad to have found a 'home' for it now. It always seemed just a little TOO pink for my liking, but I do think that it fits in rather well with this LO and the subject surrounding it.

 
Thanks for popping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment