28 Jun 2013

Little Girls

Hi!
 
Today I am combining the latest ScrapAfrica challenge, with the colour palette challenge that ScrapFriends is hosting.
 
For the ScrapAfrica challenge, we are to use texture paint or modelling paste with a mask, a stencil or free hand; as well as any other wet medium like paint, mists, etc.
 
And the colour palette is this:
 
 
I knew off the bat when I saw the ScrapAfrica challenge that I wanted to do a canvas.  It has been SUCH a long time that I have worked on a canvas, and well ... I really do enjoy it!  I love how I can use any amount of paint / mist / medium without any buckling of paper occurring!
 
So, I let loose and did this:

 
I used a Prima stencil on the background with white gesso to start and I also applied the gesso free hand in some places.  When that was dry, I painted the entire canvas with yellow gesso.  When that was dry, I misted with Mister Huey and with Dazzles to create the green; I worked mostly with these colours in the top right corner.  Then I inked a little with green to get a smoother effect and then also with chocolate brown all around the edges to give the canvas a 'frame'.
 
In the centre, I used a chicken wire mask and after using my inks to create the brown and green effect, I misted over it lightly with my Avocado Dazzles for a little sparkle.
 
There is ALOT of texture on this piece and I just love it!!!
 
 
 
I took this to try and show the textured effect created with using the gesso and the stencil together.  What I loved about using my chalks on this piece was that the chalks actually managed to highlight over the more textured areas.

 
This image shows a closer shot of the chicken wire stencilling.  I also hand painted the chipboard piece and the whiter areas are where I embossed.


SCRUMMY texture!!

 
Thanks for taking a look at my work!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful!Thanks for playing along with Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super canvas Lisa-Marie and love how you created the little scene! The photo of your daughter is precious! Love everything about it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! LOVING the masking!! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrap Africa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout! Just perfect! Thank you for playing along at Scrap Africa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really very clever & creative...no wonder you enjoyed doing it...it really shows!!! Sooo glad you played along with us at Scrap Friends:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How enchanting. Love the bench seat, the logs and the tree. Stunning background work and just a beautiful page.

    ReplyDelete