14 Jun 2013

CHEEZ

Hey, hey!
 
The second challenge for Scrap Around the World is up and running - go check it out, it's LOVELY!  The colours are my absolute favourite (and I wonder if I will ever tire of them...?).



 
I must say that I am REALLY fond of this new challenge site.  The way it's presented, your options, everything really!
 
 
So, after that bit of a waffle ... here is what I sat doing with my piece today:
 
 
The moment I saw the mood board, I knew that I wanted to use my (newly-nicked-from-mom's-stash) camera chippy; it was only while I was working on this LO that I noticed it was exactly the same as the one on the mood board!  Ha!  What're the chances!?
 
ANYWAY.  So I was totally taken with the colours; especially the middle top image.  I also loved the gradual shading of the image in the bottom left corner - and lastly, the grassiness.  And yes, of course, all the camera's too!
 
The sketch is delicious and I used it as is.
 

I incorporated some chocolate coloured raffia in my LO by making this bow and also wrapping a stringy piece around the camera chippie.
 



 
And BECAUSE the words 'say cheese' appears on the mood board too, I decided to use that as my title.  You will see that the picture of Isabella is of her saying cheese and my journaling reads : Getting you to say cheese for the camera was easy; now to get you to look AT the camera!
 
The lettering is Tim Holtz's grunge board (am I the only one addicted to that smell??), which I painted with Tim Holtz crackle paint.  The paper had a crackle print on it and I wanted to echo that in the title.

 
I wanted the 'say cheese' wording to pop out, so I coloured it in with my gold gel pen.  I also stamped my background with a handwriting stamp and gold chalk.  Some of the butterflies on the paper were outlined with the gold gel pen too.
 
I LOVED doing this challenge!  Thanks so much SATW!!!
 
Thanks for taking a gander!


9 comments:

  1. OH your page is beautiful!! Thanks for joining in at SATW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely page! Love the layered up pennants! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the raffia bow and the stitching! Adorable photo :)
    Thank you for playing along with Scrap Around the World.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soo beautiful page !!Love the photo!Thank you for playing along with Scrap Around the World.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh this is sooo cute! love the raffia bow, the cute photo and the pennants, smashing page! Thanks ever so much for sharing it with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love everything on your layout!!!amazing work!!!Thank you for playing along with Scrap Around the World.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the soft tones of this page! Such a sweet piece, thank you so much for sharing it with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely layout. Thanks for playing along at Scrap Around The World

    ReplyDelete