13 May 2013

The wonder of you

I am 101% an Elvis fan.  Yes, I was named after his daughter too. 
 
So with the latest case file at CSI, I decided to use the very first testimony for my LO - namely a song title. 
 
It is really hard for me to choose just ONE Elvis song that I love, but one that always stands out to me because of its beautiful lyrics is 'The Wonder of You'.  In fact, it was the third song that I asked to have play at our wedding.
 
Enough with the soppiness!  Here is what the latest colour scheme and sketch looks like.  As always, I love the sketches that are presented - they NEVER fail to kick my creative juices up a notch!


Gorgeous, eh??
 
Here is what I did with it.  As you can (hopefully!?) see, I flipped the sketch once, anti-clockwise.

 
The Scheme : All colours were used
Evidence : bicycle, circles, birds, doodling / penwork, fibre / twine, vellum
Testimony : Song title / lyrics as inspiration


Circular vellum behind the chipboard penny farthing (which has been painted with grey acrylic paint).  The vellum has been dry embossed.

 
Twine wrapped around each photograph.  Just LOOK at that precious face!!!

 
Title.  The word 'wonder' is a chippie - which I have treated with white UTEE.  I didn't want to cover the entire surface, as I liked the more 'rough' finish.  Here you can also see my stitching, doodles and circles.  The yellow circles were done using Gesso + yellow acrylic paint, run over a mask.

 
Birdie on the far right is a chippie, inked and covered with yellow glitter glue.

 
My journaling is rolled up and tucked underneath the 'fold' I created with the pennant.  The journaling reads as follows:
 
I am - at best - still in awe of the fact that you are really 'ours'.  Our daughter.  Our little girl.  Our child. 
 
You are such an incredible blessing to us and I thank my lucky stars every single day without fail, that we were chosen to be your parents.
 
Elvis Presley said it best; here is an excerpt from my favourite song:
 
And when you smile, the world is brighter
You touch my hand and I'm a King
Your kiss to me is worth a fortune
Your love for me is everything
I guess I'll never know
The reason why
You love me as you do
That's the wonder
The wonder of you
 
And THAT is what you are, Isabella - an absolute wonder to us.
 
(Okay, so maybe I'm not a King... but you know what I mean!)
 
Thanks for popping in to take a look!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous layout Lisa-Marie (named after Elvis's daughter)...your journaling is so sweet, as is your LO.

    ReplyDelete