6 May 2013

Such Gentle Grace

Heya!

I'm delighted to have found ANOTHER scrapping challenge site - and this one is Brand New!

Check out Scrap Around the World!

Naturally, I have decided to take part in their challenge this month.  What's lovely is that you can enter as many times as you like; and I suspect I may just end up doing that!

Here's their first challenge:



And this is what I did:



 
I loved the colours of the Mood Board, so I stuck with that (have a penchant for anything teal lately!). The chandelier is what really stood out most for me, so I wanted to use one in my spread also.  The other elements that caught my eye - and which I tried to capture in my LO - is the peonies, flowy table cloth (HOW divine is that!?), rolled rosettes on the back of the chair and the metal work in the windows of the cupboard.
 
I created my own peonie, out of tuille and organza.  The chandelier is cut from cardstock with my cricut and the chippie on the bottom left has been treated with gesso, clear UTEE and finished off with a soft rose coloured ink.
 
For the 'whispy' effect of the table cloth, I cut the organza out into multiple triangles and then adhered them down the left hand side of my page; making the bottom a little 'thicker'.  I then quickly ran my heat gun over it so as to melt it slightly and give a more 'raised' effect.
 
The rolled roses are from the Sizzix templates.
 
Here are some additional close-up shots.
 
 
I really love how these flowers turned out - I may just be hooked on making them!  SO easy!
 
 
Title and the rolled rose.

 
Journalling
 
 
This has been a really great challenge to do - I loved the sketch and the mood board.  So easy to use together.  Can't wait to do more!


10 comments:

  1. This is such a darling page! LOVE those whisps of zapped organza and your blooms turned out absolutely beautiful! thank you so much for sharing your page with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a gorgeous page & I'm so glad you felt so inspired! Yes you can enter as many times as you like so feel free :)))) Thanks for joining in on our first challenge at SATW :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo beautiful page!Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Around The World.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow those flowers you made are amazing!! I love them!! and what a lovely LO and photo!!
    thanks for joining us at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy you liked our Mood Board and had fun making this pretty page, thanks for playing with SATW this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome page! Thank you for playing along with SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa-Marie. This is such a cool layout. I love love that flower. It is so pretty. Is it just circles. I like to make my own... Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH what a really lovely page.
    So glad you enjoyed our first Challenge at SATW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That flower is beautiful and so is your layout! Thanks for playing along at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. Thank you for playing along at Scrap Around The World.

    ReplyDelete