13 May 2013

She's my cuppa tea

Yesterday, for mothers' day we went out to a local deli, which also has a lovely little restaurant attached to it. 

I am thoroughly enjoying how independent Isabella is becoming - particularly when she shows more "grown up" traits.  Her new love is tea!  Rooibos, obviously!  This she gets from me, because I can easily drink 4 cups within the hour (only, I despise Rooibos - I'd much rather have an extra strong cup of English Breakfast).

Anyway, she was very 'chuffed' yesterday when she had her Very Own Teapot - all to herself.  I shot of quite a few pics of her drinking her tea, adding (way too much!) sugar and "mixing" it.

When I got home and downloaded them, I realised that they would work perfectly with the latest sketch over at Scrap Your Story.  I love the fact that I could choose 3 of my favourite shots from the tea-drinking sequence.  Isn't it a lovely sketch?



I came up with the idea of the title - and then whilst scrimmaging through my ever-growing paper stash, I "found" my BoBunny range (which I'd been setting aside for a 'special occasion' - I still don't know why I bother doing that!).  Anyway, amongst this collection were plenty of teacups and on the sticker sheet, was a little saying "you're just my cuppa tea".  WELL.  If the pics and the paper were not a match made in proverbial!?!

Here is what I did with the sketch:




And here are some additional close up shots.

 
Fussy cut tea cup tower, adhered with foam squares for dimension

 
Handmade flower (rough cut circles and heat gun used to curl the edges).  Little missy wanted her nails painted red for the day (it WAS a special occasion, after all!) and then I had to stick little flowers to each nail!

 
This image shows the dimension of the tea cup tower.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet girlie layout. I am with you one the whole tea thing. I love my tea but not rooibos. The papers and details are wonderful. Thanks for playing along at SYS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. darling photos! Thanks for playing with us at SYS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! This is beautiful!!! Love your embellies and amazing job on that flower!!!
    Thanks for playing along at SYS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That flower is GORGEOUS and I love all the papers you used!! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Your Story last week!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete