27 May 2013

I Spy

 
 
I really love vibrancy of the image, as well as how 'busy' it is - so much to see!
 
I must just admit that orange is just not my favourite colour - at all.  The closest colour which I adore is coral.  So, when I saw that orange is included in this weeks' scheme, I was ALMOST scared off.  I think it will take a lot more than icky orange for me to NOT do a CSI challenge!
 
So, with my least favourite colour being in the - ahem - picture, I decided to use a sketch from ScrapFriends just to ease my woes!  (I'm such a twit!).
 
 
 
As you can see from my take on this latest challenge, I proceeded with a rather hefty dose of caution!  My LO is pretty simple and straight forward; almost clean cut.

 
 
Scheme : All Colours
Evidence : circles, leaves (top left), architectural accents
Testimony : I used one of the prompts - namely I Spy
 
Not sure what it was that Isabella was "checking out" that day - but she was enthralled for quite a few minutes!
 
Naturally, with orange being my least favourite, I really didn't have much in my current stash to work with; or so I thought.  Upon a lot of digging, I found a range from Bo Bunny which had 3 of the 5 colours!

 
I used a mask in the background, with 'wheat' colour chalk. The flower was fussy cut and the edges bent and pinched to give it some depth.  You will also see some random stitching on this LO.

 
Thank you for stopping by! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Looks fab! The sketch worked out perfectly and I'm glad the orange didn't scare you away from the challenge. Heck, at least 2 weeks a month I cringe at the color scheme...then I put the layouts together and amazed at how beautiful the colors look together!

    ReplyDelete