17 May 2013

I Just Adore You

By golly - have I had FUN with the latest challenge at ScrapAfrica!  I always used to take chippies for granted; used to think they were bland.  And in fact, I am just about mortified to admit that it is only in the last year that I have really started to use them. 
 
They are so incredibly versatile and sometimes I think that they are not given enough credit.
 
In addition to this fantastic challenge - ScrapAfrica have also introduced me to a SUPERB chippie supplier!  Yay!!  I'm such a sucker for chippies!  I am so ordering a batch at month end!
 
So after that bit of a ramble, here is my piece.  I felt like getting sticky and icky and inky; so this piece has a few layers of Gesso and also matt Craft Varnish.  I used one of the delicious sketches over at Scrap Friends (I think I'm as addicted to their sketches as I am to chippies!)


 
 
I did quite a bit of prep work on my backing page (pink) first.  I didn't have quite the right shade of pale pink that I wanted, so I applied a thick-ish layer of Gesso all over, just to soften the pink even more.  Then I adhered the torn bit, and that too, was treated with a layer of Gesso.  Then I splashed on odd spots of Glimmer Mist here and there, which immediately soaked into the wet Gesso.
 
Once the Gesso had dried, I applied some pieces of silky grid "paper" I had from years ago.  It actually looks a lot like silk-worm silk and is fairly stiff.  I cut out random pieces and then used my matt Craft Varnish to adhere it and secure it to my page.  You can see it on the dark teal in the image below.  It also helped to soften the bold colours on the paper I used.
 
 

 
The paper is Konnichiwa from Basic Grey; I thought that the photograph of Isabella had a bit of an oriental feel, so wanted to continue that theme on this LO.  I also stamped with a stamp that looked like the cherry blossoms on the paper.
 
 
 
The word 'adore' is a chippie - inked in dark teal and treated with clear UTEE.  The white speckles are bits of white UTEE that somehow made it into my clear UTEE (yes, I am a bit of a messy scrapper!!!)

 
I also used a cherry-blossom-look alike chippie in my flower cluster (which I left 'naked'), as well as some leaves and blossoms (which you can see on the left of the flower cluster, inked in green)
 
Thanks ScrapAfrica - what a divine challenge!

10 comments:

  1. Aaaah Lisa-Marie...isn't this just super! Love this page and some super details here! Love the background and the beautiful blooms! It is great to see the growth in your pages over the past few months and I am really impressed! Doing some super work! ;-) Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In one word, WOW! Love the colours, so bright and fun. TFS with us at Scrap Africa! Enjoy the rest of your weekend :) oh and thanks for popping by my blog means alot, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a great job with the background and all the very pretty details ... LOVE the end result. Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Africa :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so pleased that you took the time to enter our challenge at SCRAP AFRICA! We LOVE your work. Smiles, Rene' :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I now see what you meant with Denise making the same comment as I...see...it must be true then!!! Really love this LO and all the work you have put into it...so happy that you joined us again at Scrap Africa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty layout, i love the layers and colors. thank you for joining us at Scrap africa. Channa

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrap Africa!!!

    ReplyDelete