20 May 2013

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Precious Toes

Another gorgeous case to solve at CSI this week!  I fell in love with the sneak peak and to be honest, I actually would really not mind having the print in my home!  It's so pretty!
 
 
I had to have a little think about what photo I was going to use, but then it dawned on me that I've taken so many pics of Isabella's hands and feet and I had yet to scrap them.
 
I always tell DH Travers that I don't need drugs - I'm totally (and healthily!) addicted to Isabella's toes.  I spend ages kissing them and stroking them and just rubbing them on my cheek.  They are just too damned cute!
 
So I know that for this testimony, I had to challenge with 5 things and Isabella has ten toes; but hear me out.  Her one foot in particular is my favourite; the big toe has a mind of its own and when Isabella is really concentrating, that toe just sticks up and moves about - all by itself!  It's quite funny, but I guess you have to be there ....
 
So I thought about following a sketch again; but I have decided that I don't really want to become reliant upon that, as I think it may just tend to make me a little lazy!  LOL!  So this is what I came up with:

 
The Scene : all colours
Evidence : doilies, bird cage, metal
Testimony : 5 things
 
I get so bummed when the colours in the pic don't clearly represent the actual work! *sigh*
 
Anyway.  My backing page had some dots on it that were too dark to fit in with the colour scheme, so I applied a coating of gesso over those parts to tone the darkness down.
 
I also applied some spots of gesso spots through a makeshift mask and stamped here and there with a bubble wrap stamp.  The large paper doily has been secured to the page with Craft Varnish.

 
The "shortened" LO title

 
The "full" title - i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 precious toes

 
The birdcage - made from metal

 
My journaling is in a folded 'pocket'.  The spiral brad is used to hold it down.

 
Journalling revealed.
 
Thanks for coming by!

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet...It is wonderful to remember all the little things.

    ReplyDelete