12 Apr 2013

The Best Day of my Life

The April challenge over at Once Upon A ... Sketch is to follow the sketch, with the theme 'the best day of your life'.



It was obvious to me to choose our wedding day - because it was merely the START to so many more 'best days of my life'!

Here is what I came up with.


The colour scheme of our wedding was mostly purple, with hints of a bright teal.  I can't believe that I have been married to my  BEST friend for almost 14-and-a-half years!!

Here are some close-ups and notes.


My base paper is purple pearlised cardstock and I also used paper from Kaisercrafts Pickled Pear range.  I stitched around the edges; the chipboard is from Blue Fern.  I decided to fussy cut the photo of me, because the background didn't look all that great on this page.


The big lavender flower is from Prima.  Both pieces of chipboard wording were treated with white UTEE.


The butterfly is embroidered and sprayed with pearlised spray.


The 'main' feature of the page is quite 3D - I nestled the wording over the flowers so that it would not be too hidden.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout with a beautiful bride!
    Love the cluster work and how you placed the chipboard!
    Thank you for joining us at OUAS in April!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is cool - wow love how you have decorated your chipboard! And the dimension you have created is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Once Upon A Sketch!

    ReplyDelete