29 Apr 2013

Occasional Friends

Today I'm combining the latest Case File (No 69) at CSI, with the current challenge over at Scrap Your Story; namely "Journalling".

The color combo at CSI:



And because I work really well with sketches, I have used one from the gallery over at Scrap Friends.  I am officially in love with their sketches!!  This is the one I selected:




I must just say that I had an absolute ball creating this piece!  It was was so much fun.  I decided not to overthink things (as I almost always do) and just go with the flow.  Again, these are colours I would not ordinarily work with AT ALL - but as ever, CSI manage to give me the opportunity to surprise myself!  And the more out of my comfort zone I am drawn, the more I am actually enjoying my scrapping!

So here is my piece:


The other 'big deal' that both of todays' challenges has started encourging me doing more of is to journal.  Before, I really didn't bother with it and used to rely on sticker words and phrases.

My journalling is tucked below the photo and reads:

"Our dear old dog Proscilla really is the absolute epitome of what a female dog is commonly known as!  She is grumpy and snappy and moody as H*ell; but I love her dearly - and I am the only one who she shows affection to.  Our beloved Basil the Pirate - cat - is uncharacteristically affectionate - especially towards our dogs.  Now, Priscilla is intolerant of this kind of affection - it is just NOT DONE for a cat and dog to get along!  However, 'Cilla does have the odd moment where she gives in to Basil's gentle loving and coaxing.  How pleased I was to have been able to capture such a rare moment between them!"

Would you believe that the little piece of card that is used as the base of the journalling tab is actually the reverse of a price tag!  I just thought it too gorgeous to chuck in the bin!

In terms of CSI's requirements:

The Scheme : All colours were used
Evidence : flowers, house, circles, metal, stripes, jewels, doodle
Testimony : an unlikely friendship

Here are some additional pics.  I really didn't hold back with techniques - and my grubby fingers are proof of that!

My only disappointment with this LO is the titling.  It was brownish, so I used some navy glitter glue over it, but had the shakes (note to self : eat before you scrap!) and it turned out a bit blotchy :-(.

 
I painted the chicken wire chipboard with some grey acrylic; and I also roughly dry brushed the navy cardstock (see left)

 
Metal ring, jewels, flowers & stripes




This images shows where the journalling is tucked away.

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

  1. Lisa-Marie what a fabulous layout and I love the story. How cool that you managed to snap that rare moment :) love all the techniques that you used on the layout to. Way to go girl... Two in one :D Love it. Thanks for playing along and SYS and CSI :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great page with wonderful layering! I Like how you did hidden journaling! thanks for playing with us at SYS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such awesome textures on this layout! LOOOVE the hidden aspect. Thanks for joining us on our journaling challenge this week at Scrap Your Story!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete