15 Apr 2013

Joy

Two challenges combined as one again! :-)

I've combined the latest sketch challenge over at Blue Fern Studios with the one over at Zeus & Zoe; namely - Life as it is now.  Here is the beautiful Blue Fern sketch (we have to use BF chipboard):



For the Zeus and Zoe challenge, we had to scrap about ourself and also use buttons.  Let me start off by saying that I don't have many pictures of myself, because I just don't like being on the 'receiving' end of the camera!  I don't like mirrors very much either .. Anyway, that's a conversation I have with my shrink.

SO.  This is what I came up with for the combined challenges:



 
 
My journalling is stitched together and tucked behind the pictures and each tab reads as follows:
 
WIFE : I feel that everything is as it should be.  I am married to my best friend.  A man who supports me and who loves me no matter what.
 
MOTHER : After 9 tough years of trying to conceive - my biggest dream (of becoming a mom) when we adopted our Isabella in 2010.  It has been utterly fulfilling being her mommy.
 
ME : I am blessed to be in a position where I work for Travers 3x a week; and on a Monday and Friday I work at home - solely on my third passion in life; namely scrapbooking.  Everything in my life is "so right"!
 
I've scrapped alot about our struggle to conceive and about Isabella's adoption - and I know that I will continue to do so. Adoption is so beautiful and Isabella is an incredibly special little girl.
 
And here are some closeups.
 
 
 
It's official - I am IN LUUUURVE with UTEE - just look at how utterly luscious it turned out on the Blue Fern chipboard!!!  So silken and glossy!
 


 
 
Blue Fern chipboard : organic vine.  I painted it with white crackle paint and sprinkled a few micro beads on it while it was still wet.







 
You can see the journaling tabs sticking out behind the right hand side of the photograph matting.

8 comments:

  1. Such a special layout Lisa-Marie and the sentiment so touching! You certainly have a very special little girl and this photo just talks of that beautiful love! Your page is beautifully soft too and the clustering great, with those super chippies! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Zeus and Zoe! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Denise, a beautiful layout, and touching.... how wonderful your life is so blessed, and becoming a Mother to your daughter though adoption. I really enjoyed your project... thanks for joining us at Zeus and Zoe..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning layout and the journaling makes it even more striking - so touching! Thank you so much for sharing! And thank you for playing along with us at Zeus and Zoe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love how the UTEE made the chipboard look. Amazing! And love the microbeads on the 2nd piece. Truly a beautiful layout! Thanks for playing along with Blue Fern Studios!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Lisa, your technique on the "Joy" chipboard really stands out. It's so pristine and very impressive. The colors you have worked with are simply gorgeous, beautiful cluster work too. Thank you for joining us at Blue Fern Studios.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout and great job with those chippies too. Thanks so much for joining the Zeus and Zoe April Challenge! Have a beautiful day :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty page! I love how you added flowers and beads to the chipboard. Thanks for joining the Zeus and Zoe April Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow. This is really pretty. Love the colours. And the way you did the clustering. Glad you are at a great place in your life!

    Thanks for joining us at Zeus and Zoe!

    ReplyDelete