13 Apr 2013

ex-STRAW-dinary!

The lastest case file over at CSI had me wanting to head for the hills!  Why??  Well, because it was so not me!  I LOVE the sketch, but battled for a good hour to get my head around that image - and how I was going to incorporate it into a LO!!



Anyway.  I soldiered on and after much thought, this is what I came up with!  I decided to use some comical pictures that my mom took of me when Isabella took full advantage of me sitting down in some straw.





I used all the colours, though the oatmeal was a bit tricky to find!

As evidence, I used punctuation as an embellishment, clouds, sun; I used pen to doodle around the edges; I fussy cut the sun; outlined here and there and used plain cardstock.

As testimony, I handwrote my journalling.

I used a piece of recycled 'paper' as matting, to echo the straw that is in the images.  I both glued and stitched it down (stitching can be seen along the top right, just above my journalling piece).

Here are some close-ups:


A close-up of the exclamation which I used as an embellishment.  And you can see the 'straw' backing I used.


I used gesso in the background with a chicken wire template. And chicken wire chipboard was used too.

No comments:

Post a Comment