22 Apr 2013

Be-YOU-tiful

Another challenge combo!  Love it when I can do this, especially when I have a heck of alot on my plate!

This time, I'm combining the colour palette challenge at Scrapfriends with the technique over at Scrap Your Story - i.e. stitching.  I'm finding myself becoming more and more inclined to want to use stitching in my pieces.  I really do love the tactile effect.

Here is the colour palette from Scrapfriends:

 

Admittedly, not a colour scheme I'd lean towards at all; but I was more than pleased with my final result:


I was really thrown by this colour combo, truth be told, especially when had all the paper laid out in front of me, with no idea as to how I was going to put it together to make it work!!



I used stitching on the left edge and along the yellow polka dot paper, as seen, and then also on the doily o the left.


I used a pale yellow and a mustard colourd paint dabber on the doily to give it a shaded effect.  Below is a close-up of the stitching I used on it; and also the hand-drawn 'stitching' around the edges of the doily.



I have had this silver-grey tuille for YEARS and I loved the soft feminine effect it has created on this piece.


And that is it!  Thanks for looking! :-)

6 comments:

  1. Lisa-Marie, this is just stunning. Not colours I would lean towards either but this has just changed my mind. You really nail these colour challenges. I love this. Thanks for playing along at SYS too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I love those colors together (not my normal colors either), but you did an awesome job with them. Stitching is so much fun, I love that you used a variety of stitching - your drawn on stitching/faux is so precise! Thanks for joining us again this week at SYS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the stitching on the side is just beautiful and really adds to the page! thanks for playing with us at SYS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along at SYS.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy am I sucker for yellow!! LOVE THIS :) :) Thanks for joining us this week at Scrap Your Story!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww...this is really precious!!!Love it!!!Thanks for playing along at SF!!!xx

    ReplyDelete