7 Apr 2013

Adieu

Hi!

In January this year, we had to say a very sad farewell to our boy Elvis.  I have been wanting to create a page dedicated to his memory, but the opportunity has not been forthcoming.

THEN, CSI revealed their latest case file



Admittedly, it is not a colour scheme that I would lean towards (maybe for dressing, but not for scrapping), but after a few seconds thought, I realised that it was the PERFECT opportunity for me to create a page for our dearly departed Elvis.  I even had the ideal photograph in mind in an instant.

I decided to use the latest sketch over at Sketches in Thyme.  You'll note that they are also in search of new DT members - be sure to check it out!  I am certainly going to give it a go as I would LOVE to be on a DT!!!  You know what they say - you can't win it if you aren't in it!! :-)




SO!

As mentioned before, this is not the usual colour scheme I go for, so I had very little to work with in my current stash - hence no patterned paper!  I am, however, happy with the result.  Particularly the backing paper that I used, which was pre-embossed with fleur de lis; which I sanded to give this result:


My aim was to keep the LO as simple and 'masculine' as possible.  As you can see, I used the sketch as is.  The journalling is under the main matting, just below 'Adieu' - I've created a little tab to pull it out.


In terms of the CSI rules - I used all the colours in the scheme.

As evidence, I used buttons, a heart and something fuzzy (please see the oval frame around the bottom right hand corner of the photograph - I achieved the fuzziness by transferring velvet on to the back of a frame from a sticker sheet).

As Testimony, I documented my beloved pet and hand-wrote my journalling.


Here is a close-up of the frame, which shows the fuzziness.


The journalling, which is tucked under the matting.


A close-up of the embossed page, which I sanded sporadically.

Thanks for looking! :-)

5 comments:

  1. Wow Lisa that is gorgeous! You have certainly done justice to the terribly hard subject of losing your beloved Elvis. I love the embossed background and the colours are gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining us over at Sketches in Thyme.
    Mel (SiT DT Maven)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this photo! Thank you for joining us at Sketches in Thyme.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute dog! Love your layout and embossing. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketches In Thyme and be sure you put DT beside your name on the linky to apply for the design team call. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your participation in Sketches In Thyme, gorgeous LO! kisses

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa-Marie - So sorry for the loss of your dog. What a beautiful tribute/LO of him. I saw your craftiness on Sketches in Thyme - great job with the sketch. I am your newest follower via GFC - love connecting with other scrappers. Stop by and say hi.
    Leslie
    www.thememorynest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete