7 Apr 2013

A Little Berry Picker

Today I'm combining the latest sketch from C'est Magnifique with the theme from Scrap Your Story - which is 'something relating to Spring'.



With it being the beginning of Autumn (Fall) here in South Africa, I had to dig deep to find appropriate photographs of Spring! :-)  Fortunately, I remembered these lovely ones I had taken of Isabella while she was picking berries - their appearance in our garden is usually the first sign that Spring is on its way (in September).

Here is what I came up with.

 
If only these images could've captured the chatter that going on while she was VERY busy picking berries!

 
The large flower is a home-made one I purchased at a local scrapping shop.  I dotted Gesso randomly on my page to bring it to life.  The doilie has been given a liberal coating of egg-shell glimmer mist.


Journalling corner.

 
A closer view of the Gesso.

 
Gesso Gesso Gesso!

5 comments:

  1. Hi lisa-Marie... so nice to see you playing along with us at SYS... you have a new member on your blog. Nice to see you in blogger land :) This is a very sweet layout and you have the cutest little girl. Fabulous photos and I love the look of concentration on her face. Lovely papers. Perfect Spring page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work!!!! Great take on the sketch and challenge!!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Your Story!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning. I'm so glad you were able to find some out of season photos so you could play along this week with us at SYS. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling photos and the layout is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete