8 Mar 2013

Two Challenges : One Project

I have been following the CSI : Colour Stories Inspiration blog for quite some time, but have not had the 'courage' to enter, because, well .. have you SEEN the talent!  Quite daunting for a scrapper such as myself.

Other than that, I've just not had the time to take part. 

I've also been following the Zeus & Zoe blog and again - have NOT had the courage to take part here either.

But then I read a blog posting of yet another 'new' scrapping blog that I stumbled upon, where this crafter felt the same.  It was a relief to know that I was not alone!  She has come a far way and her work is tremendous.  Sorry - but I don't remember which of the bloggers in my Reader she is... And there are TOO many there for me to have to sift through.

This week, Case File No 61 over at CSI is this:

Now let me just come RIGHT out and say out loud that my least favourite colour is orange.  Second last on that list is yellow.  It's not that I DISLIKE this colours - they are just not colours I readily choose in my everyday life.  HOWEVER, I loved the scheme.  I loved it very much.

Over at Zeus and Zoe, the challenge is "New Beginnings" and you have to use a mask or a stencil.

I decided to pair the two challenges with one project.  Here it is.


For the CSI challenge:

Evidence : butterflies | plain white background | rub on | gold accents | pleating
Testimony : I documented a dream
Colours : I used all of them (the grey is hard to spot - have a look at the title and the roses in the top right hand corner)

For the Zeus & Zoe Challenge:

My LO is titled 'New Beginnings', because that is what this specific day is / was AND I used a stencil to create a gold centre on my flower in the shape of an elaborate 'x' to represent a kiss! :-)

Here are some close-ups and additional info.


Here you can see the 'x' on the flower.  And the gold accents.  Don't you just LOVE that teddy??  The lace strip below one of my photo mats is pleated and held in place with washi.


A close-up of my journalling.  The butterflies and in fact, all paper (excluding the base) has been chalked with gold.  The swirls (board) have also been chalked with gold and I applied UTEE here and there.


This swirled chippie has been embossed with gold.  This image also shows the pleating of the strip of lace.


I brought some more grey in with my heading - it has been embossed with grey and chalked with gold.


I realise that my work is not on par with many of the talented ladies out there, but I look forward to the personal growth that I just KNOW I will gain from these challenge sites! :-)


6 comments:

  1. God Morning Lisa-Marie! I think your layout is gorgeous and I'm so glad you decided to take the plunge into challenges. They are so fun to play along with and a great way to meet others who share the same passion for creating. Thank you so much for joining us at Zeus and Zoe!! Have a beautiful day :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great layout! I'm so happy that you have taken part to the challenges! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So super Lisa-Marie...love your page and yes, the birth of one's children is certainly life changing and a new beginning! I am so pleased that you have decided to play along at CSI and also with Zeus and Zoe!!!! Love the gorgeous details...a super page! Thanks for playing along with us at Zeus and Zoe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout! I love your flower cluster! Thanks for joining the challenge at Zeus and Zoe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a precious layout, beautiful in every way. It is lovely to have you join us in the Zeus and Zoe challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh...sooooo lovely. Love the cute little bear and all the beautiful touches on your layout. So glad you finally decided to join us at Zeus and Zoe!

    ReplyDelete