18 Mar 2013

Soft and Sweet

This weeks' challenge over at CSI is right up my alley - both the colours and the inspiration image / concept.  I adore anything antique / whimsical; and when I first saw the challenge, my mind started to work overtime!  So much so that before I had a chance to sit down and start it off, I had about 7 654 228 ideas wafting around in my head.


Not good.  Not conducive to a calm scrapping moment.

SO.  I decided to stick to a sketch - and I chose the one over at C'est Magnifique - because it just seemed to go SO well with the CSI colours - AND the photo I had in mind.  I just rotated the sketch clockwise.


Here is what I did.



As you can see from the title - I was a little impatient in waiting for the Glossy Accents to dry!  My little Isabella was due home soon and I had to get the pics taken quickly!

So, used all the colours, I used ribbon, flowers, pearls, metal, lace, tags and 2 dressforms.  I documented a hobby (amateur photography) which I journaled on TWO numbered tags.  The words I used in my journalling were 'size' and 'woman'.

Here are some close-ups and additional details:



Metal zipper from prima, lace, ribbon and pearls.




Two body forms, which were fussy cut.


It's no secret that I love fussy cutting - especially photographs!  I wanted this one of Isabella (which, to me, has a very 50's, almost retro feel to it) to pop.  Sometimes we can lose the pictures amongst all the beauty of paper and embellishments!  The heading is board, which I embossed with hazelnut embossing powder and while it was still tacky, I sprinkled chocolate coloured glitter on it.  Once dry, I coated it with Glossy Accents.


The 'leaves' were fussy cut and embellished with Glossy Accents and Liquid Pearls; the fabric leaves were also treated with 2 shades of Liquid Pearls


My 2 journalling tags were tucked into a little pocket and numbered.

I thoroughly enjoyed putting this piece together!  Thanks CSI and C'est Magnifique! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment