1 Mar 2013

ScrapAfrica Challenge : Sketch No 15

I had an idea in my head before I saw the latest ScrapAfrica Sketch.  Or rather, I have an idea of a brand new LO I want to do, and I guess I kinda hoped it would fit in with what the new sketch would be.

Unfortunately, it didn't match with what was going on inside my head; BUT I loved the sketch anyway. I'd already decided upfront that it was time to do a double page LO - it's been AGES since I've done one and I still have an emptry frame gathering dust in my little studio.

(As "fate" would have it, I cannot use the frame with this LO after all, as it has too many raised elements!).


So - here is the sketch:



And here is my take on the challenge, in the form of a double page LO.  You'll see that I have basically triplicated the LO above onto my 2 pages.


I decided to make the page on the left more of a 'feature'.  I tend to do this with most of the double page LO's that I have done in the past.  I dollied that page up alot more than the right hand page and I wanted to bring the 'circle' element from the sketch into that page too; which I did with the fussy cut doily.  All my paper, element stickers and collectables are from Kaisercrafts Secret Admirer page (I think it's safe to say that I am addicted to Kaisercraft's ranges......)


The birdcage appears on the paper, but I used an element sticker over it and raised it with foam squares to give it some dimension.  The chippies on both pages are from Enmarc and were all 'treated' the same - embossed with white glitter emboss and then glazed over with Glossy Accents.  The photograph on the first page is also raised with foam dots.


The only element that is raised here is the bunting on the top right corner - this is from the collectables in this series.  The splotches are Mister Huey.

Here are some close-ups:

 
 
 
 
 
I can't believe that I managed to finish this in one day - but I had SUCH a glorious time putting it together.  So much so that I lost track of time and missed my exercise class! *blush*

Thanks - as ever - ScrapAfrica for a lovely challenge.  This may just be my favourite one so far!!! :-)

Have a beautiful day!!!



7 comments:

  1. Wow such lovely pages :) I love that range from Kaiser, and i hoard their products too lol! Sometimes i get carried away when i scrap and look at the time and it will be well past midnight but i guess that is just what happens when you love something :) Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Africa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! So interesting!Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Africa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic layout!!!
    Love the design and details :)
    Thans for playing along with us at Scrap Africa :*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic 2 pager. You did a marvelous job using the Scrap Africa sketch. Thank you for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super pages Lia-Marie....I love the details, plus those super papers you used! Beautiful work, thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pages!! Love the colors and details, thank you so much for joining us at Scrap Africa. Channa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pages are beautiful! LOVING the colors!!! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrap Africa!!!

    ReplyDelete