19 Mar 2013

Scrap Africa Challenge : Cardstock

So the latest challenge over at Scrap Africa is that we have to use JUST cardstock - no patterned paper.  Sounds easy, doesn't it?  Not necessarily!

I had to DIG DEEP and find that first-time-scrapper moment when all I had was cardstock and the odd embellishment!  When the sight of patterned paper left me totally daunted.

I had initially intended to take the challenge quite literally and cardstock for my embellishments too - but I couldn't resist adding 3 flowers!

Here is what I did.


Plain white cardstock background, gesso chicken wire template in the background and pink, blue, yellow and purple cardstock, cut into hexagons and butterflies.  The hexagons were chalked and the odd one was stamped.

Here are some close-ups.


Blue & purple flowers from Prima and the page was randomly stamped with the same stamp I used on the hexagons.  The edges of the photo's have been sanded and then dabbed with gesso.


Some of the hexagons that were stamped, are raised with foam dots and Glossy Accents applied.  I outlined the butterflies with glitter glue.  The pinkish effect around some of the chicken wire mesh background was caused from my not having cleaned my mask / stencil off properly the last time I used it!!!

 
Chipboard title.  Inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink and then randomly painted with Tim Holtz Crackle paint; while the paint was tacky, I lightly sprinkled it here and there with glitter.


A closer view of the hexagons and butterfly.

Thanks Patricia!  This was a great challenge!  A fabulous way to use up those odd bits and pieces of cardstock that were gathering dust!  I think I need to challenge myself to LO's like this more often!  Instead of buying and buying and buying and buying paper!!

Hah! As if THAT will ever happen.....


6 comments:

  1. Hahaha yes we all do have hoards of patterned paper that, lets face it, we will probably never use! I do have a cull every now and then and let the girls pick a few too just to make me feel better about my addiction, lol. But this challenge really does go back to basics to where we all began and i love it. I really love what you have created, the colours and those beautiful photos :) TFS with us at Scrap Africa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. its absolutely sweet!:) love the trendy heganos:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really such a soft and sweet layout Lisa-Marie! I love the hexagons, background gesso and stamping! Such sweet photo's too! Really a great page! Thanks so much for always playing along with our challenges at Scrap Africa...we really appreciate it, and are always pleased to see your creations!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page and lovely photos! Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete