I had to DIG DEEP and find that first-time-scrapper moment when all I had was cardstock and the odd embellishment! When the sight of patterned paper left me totally daunted.
I had initially intended to take the challenge quite literally and cardstock for my embellishments too - but I couldn't resist adding 3 flowers!
Here is what I did.
Plain white cardstock background, gesso chicken wire template in the background and pink, blue, yellow and purple cardstock, cut into hexagons and butterflies. The hexagons were chalked and the odd one was stamped.
Here are some close-ups.
Blue & purple flowers from Prima and the page was randomly stamped with the same stamp I used on the hexagons. The edges of the photo's have been sanded and then dabbed with gesso.
Some of the hexagons that were stamped, are raised with foam dots and Glossy Accents applied. I outlined the butterflies with glitter glue. The pinkish effect around some of the chicken wire mesh background was caused from my not having cleaned my mask / stencil off properly the last time I used it!!!
Chipboard title. Inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink and then randomly painted with Tim Holtz Crackle paint; while the paint was tacky, I lightly sprinkled it here and there with glitter.
A closer view of the hexagons and butterfly.
Thanks Patricia! This was a great challenge! A fabulous way to use up those odd bits and pieces of cardstock that were gathering dust! I think I need to challenge myself to LO's like this more often! Instead of buying and buying and buying and buying paper!!
Hah! As if THAT will ever happen.....