4 Mar 2013

Canvas : 04 March 2013

Remember when I said in my previous post re: the scrapafrica challenge that I had an idea in my head?  Well, today I decided to put it to fruition! 

I have ALSO decided to start spreading my wings and entering more scrapping challenges; so I'm going to enter this canvas in BerryBleu's March Challenge : You Colour My World.

I am a huuuuge fan of fussy cutting (despite the crampy hand you get) and recently on one of the MANY blogs I follow, one of the talented ladies had made a LO using fussy cut children at play.  I fell in love with the idea in an instant, but had to find the opportunity to take shots of our Isabella, that would work perfectly.

So here is what I did.  I didn't want to do a scrap LO - I WANTED to do a canvas because I WANTED to hang it somewhere in the house.


A few weeks ago, I spotted some paper kitchen towel at our local grocer and fell in love with the design on it (stars & circles) - I bought it with the intention of incorporating it SOMEHOW into my scrapping!

So, this canvas base was prepped with Gesso.  While the Gesso was still wet, I applied the kitchen towel (messily, with creases) and then quickly added more Gesso - but rather thick, and with dabs, so that there was MAX texture.

While it was wet, I sprinkled it with glitter - fine and coarse.

Once dry, I held the canvas at a slight angle away from me so that the Mister Huey mist was applied kind of from the botttom up.  I also made streaks with it, but unscrewing the mister and using the "straw".

I also applied a section of texture paste and lightly pressed some microbeads into it.  The 'sky' was done by heavily diluting acrylic paint and then kinda dry brushing / smooshing / blending it around.  The Mister Huey was still ever so slightly damp and ended up blending quite nicely in places with the acrylic paint!


The clouds were done using Gesso; I did them 'free hand' because I had no template / mask to work with.  Then, while still wet, I sprinkled on some coarse glitter.


Behind the 'tree' on the left, is a strip of gauze.  I sprayed it liberally with Enmarc Glitz - eggshell - and then sopped up the droplets too, that were left behind on my craft sheet.

Then I 'stuck' it down with Gesso and while the Gesso was wet, I sprinkled on globs of gold embossing powder and immediately started to heat the entire surface.  Not everything embossed, which was fine, as I was happy with the result; more so when some of the gauze started to melt and take on a different shape! :-)

I fussy cut 3 characters from the piece of paper with the tree image and adhered them with foam dots; then I put glossy accents on all of them.

The little bridge and the flowers are from Prima (with hindsight, I think I may have preferred to have kept the flowers to the more muted tone of the tree!  Grrrr).  I used puff paint on the flowers for some further texture.

Here are some more images.






This piece is my absolute pride and joy and I have reached the conclusion that working with Canvas is GLORIOUS!!!







5 comments:

  1. Great work, yhank you for playing with Berry 71 Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your canvas..Gorgeous!! Thanks for playing at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwww really love the canvas

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an innovative canvas! Love how much texture this has & your fussy cutting definitely worked. This is lovely work! Thanks for joining us at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwwwwww! This is AMAZING!! Thanks for playing along with Berry71Bleu! Pinning your creation!

    ReplyDelete