25 Feb 2013

ScrapAfrica Challenge : Hearts

With February being the month of love, it came as no surprise that the first half of the months' challenge over at ScrapAfrica was hearts! :-)

Truth is, I've not used hearts much in any of my LO's to date; but I do have a gorgeous heart punch, which I bought through Creative Memories in my very early scrapping days.

I initially thought that it was the only "heart" tool / thingy I had in my enormous stash, but upon further investigation, I discovered a few heart doilies too.

I didn't want to work with heart paper OR go with the "traditional" Valentines' colours in my LO (i.e. red, pink, white).  Nor did I want to scrap anything that would be too "predictable" in terms of a Valentine Love Story.  So, I stuck with scrapping what I ALWAYS do... my daughter!  LOL!

I love her in this dress.  And I LOVE fussy cutting - particularly photographs - it amazes me how an image just POPS when it is fussy cut!


I must be honest, this piece has been sitting on my workspace for days... It was one of those that I hadn't been happy with, until this morning.  You know how it goes!  You look at it, you stand up, you step back, you place something, you take it away... It was like that for me and I eventually decided to just leave it be until this morning (an entire week!).


Here is a closeup of the Paper heart doily and the Creative Memores punch.  I punched out 3 hearts and then layered them up with foam squares to give some depth and 3D effect to my piece.  I also glued some microbeads to one side and I UTEE'd the surface.  The paper doily has been sprayed with eggshell and avocado Dazzles and then I did an outline of Platinum glitz around the rim.  Those tiny white flowers you see are actually nail art stickers that I bought!!!


A side view.  You will see that I also 'shadowed' around Isabella - I did this by dry brushing with one of my cats eye inks.  I really wanted her image to stand out.


This saying is from a song that Elvis Presley sang - and I simply love it!

Hope you liked viewing my piece! :-)

6 comments:

  1. Very nice!Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout!!!
    Is so delicate and sweet :))
    Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Africa :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the simplicity of your layout...and the focus on the photo :-D Thank you for playing along @ Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the clean lines and the emphasis is certainly placed on the little message, heart and precious photo! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely :) Great fussy cutting of the photo! Thanks for sharing with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooooooo beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrap Africa!!!

    ReplyDelete