14 Jan 2013

Scrap Africa Challenge | Sketch 13


I just love taking part in the challenges over at Scrap Africa.  The sketches are always so simple to follow; yet when it comes down to it, there definitely is a challenge – no matter how little elements you have to work with!

 I think that next time, I’m going to flip the design or make a double page LO.  I haven’t made a double page LO in aaaages.

 THIS is my take on their latest sketch challenge:

 

I decided to break from my usual colour mould and went with a dusky pink/peach.  I also decided that I would NOT use flowers (as per the norm) and was worried that doing so would give the LO a bland appearance.  However, I am pleased with the end result.  The picture of my daughter is such a striking one, that I didn’t want to draw too much attention away from it.

 

The butterflies are all paper and I highlighted them with liquid pearls.  The bling swirls are all small individual ones that I played around with to make a larger one.


 

The title is cut with my Cricut machine (2 layers, the top layer has been glossed over with glossy accents) and the smaller text is all done with my little brother label maker.

 

I hope you like it.

 

5 comments:

  1. Your bling swirl looks amazing. Lovely layout. So glad you are playing along with us at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout Lisa-Marie and I love the colouring, bling, butterflies and sweet photo! I love the title and sentiment too! Beautiful work as always! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the photo and the pearls!! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrap Africa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout is just LOVELY, thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa. Smiles, Rene' :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow love this alot, i am now following your blog :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete