18 Jan 2013

Scrap Africa Challenge : Postage Stamps

I was really excited about this challenge, because after recently doing (yet another!) springclean of my scrapping room, I came across a batch of glossy postage stamps that I'd bought way back when I started scrapping (2008) - of all places, I think I got them at Game!

Anyway, so when I read about the challenge, the image of what I wanted to do burst into my head - I just needed to find an appropriate photograph.

However, this morning when I sifted through my mounds of pics on my hard-drive, I couldn't find one that would match my LO title.  I kept on going back to the one that I eventually used, and when I locked myself into my room, it just didn't work with the initial LO I had in mind.

After quite a bit of huffing and puffing, I eventually abandoned my original idea and this is what I ended up doing.  I am EXTREMELY happy with my result - so much so that I think I'll pop it onto a canvas to hang on my photowall!



I distressed the edges of my backing page to within an inch of its life and then I inked the bottom right hand corner of the page and I dropped blobs of Dazzles here and there - to get the 'running' effect that the Dazzles has given, I held the page upright and blasted all the blobs dry with my heat gun.





At Christmas last year, my sister-in-law made us each a cracker; hidden inside mine was a packet of these wax seals. How appropriate they were for this LO! The flowers are from Prima.







I found this gorgeous fabric stamp at one of my local scrapping shop and it was the basis of the colour scheme I used; the letters are added from a sticker sheet. I wanted to stick with an antique post office feel; I think that I managed to succeed!




I absolutely adore this image of my daughters' hands as she picks berries and leaves. It was taken in colour, but I decided to change it to sepia, as it just looked better with the overall colour scheme.



Thanks yet again Scrap Africa for a fabulous challenge!  I LOVED putting this one together!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking part in the Scrap Africa challenge. Love how your layout came together...after the initial struggle ;-) Would look awesome as a canvas :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. love! as always! thanks for playing along...great layout

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout Lisa-Marie and love the mute colours, with that stunning photo! Love all the background splashes and painting! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Página linda!, achei a foto maravilhosa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS!! I am LOVING the vintage feel to it! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrap Africa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely layout!! We are so happy that you decided to join us in our Stamp Challenge at SCRAP AFRICA. Smiles, Rene' :)

    ReplyDelete