26 Dec 2012

Scrap Africa Challenge : Filmstrip

So the latest challenge over at Scrap Africa really broke me out of my comfort zone!  I’ve seen the filmstrip chippies in shops; I’ve seen the filmstrip chippies on LO’s.  I love them, but they never really seemed to “grab” me. 
However, I thoroughly enjoyed working with the chippie!  It took me a good 30 mins to plan and plot WHICH photo’s I was going to use and in WHICH order they were going to go!  I was also really excited to have found a roll of filmstrip washi tape at our local plastics warehouse! 
So here is what I put together for this challenge:
 


For the title, I inked some cardboard lettering I'd scrounged up from out of nowhere (!!) with a dark teal, then I used the same bubble stamp (inked with silver) that I used as a central background behind my main pictures.  While still slightly damp, I coated the letters with glossy accents, that way, the bubbles were ever so slight smudged so that it gave off an underwater viewing effect.  I love it!


 
 
Hope you like it!  It was SO much fun to work on!  Amazing how the simplest of LO's take the longest!!!
 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for playing along with the filmstrip challenge at Scrap Africa :-) well done on trying your hand at the chip-filmstrip... Those letters look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really lovely layout. The filmstrip with the shaped hearts is wonderful and out of the ordinary. Your title lettering is great, too.

    Happy 2013, Andrea

    By the way, I also participated in the challenge, have a look at my blog and if you like, become a memeber http://paperscrapsandscissors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super layout Lisa-Marie! Love your title and the lettering and the photo's are just super too! Thanks so much for supporting Scrap Africa and for participating in the challenges! We truly appreciate it! ;-)
    Best wishes for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooooooooooooo fun!! LOVING all the photos in the film strip! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrap Africa!!!

    ReplyDelete