18 Nov 2012

Scrap Africa Challenge #11

So here is my take on the latest challenge.  I did it on a canvas and used 'Simple Stories' paper.  The woodgrain paper on the right hand side is a leftover piece I had from Amy Tan's range.

I sanded the top picture of my daughter playing in the Winter sun earlier this year, and because the bottom image wasn't quite nicely centre as it was a spontaneous shot, I decided to fussy cut her out - I quite like the effect that it has created and intend doing this with future shots too.



I used various shades of Glitz on the flowers for some bling and I pearlised the centre of the 'flower' design on the right, slightly off-centre.

The upper large chevron is raised on foam squares and inked, and the one below it is glued directly to the backing sheet.

Here are some close up shots:


6 comments:

  1. Oh WOW, LOVE your take on our fun challenge. So nice to see you taking part in our challenge over at Scrap Africa. We hope you will play along with us again soon!!! Smiles, Rene' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome Lisa-Marie! Love your take on this challenge! Love the choice of papers and your design and styling! Such a super project! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your layout and the Simple Stories chevrons work so well on the canvas. Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great LO! Love your use of the chevrons, the fuzzy cut photo and the nice sentiment! Thank you so much for playing with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeeeeee the colors and the photos!! Thanks so much for playing along with Scrap Africa!!!

    ReplyDelete